flashlights

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rh6585

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
who makes the best inexpensive flashlight to mount on shotgun? I have the mount, but the ol' MagLite just isn't cuttin it. Let me know what ya'll are using and remember......I need the cheaper the better. thanks

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not well versed in gun mounted lights but I can give you some brands you couldn't go wrong with: SureFire, Fenix, Olight, 4Sevens

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
who makes the best inexpensive flashlight to mount on shotgun? I have the mount, but the ol' MagLite just isn't cuttin it. Let me know what ya'll are using and remember......I need the cheaper the better. thanks

Is this for self defense or vermin eradication? If self-defense, how much is your life worth?

If you NEED cheap, get an inexpensive 1" bodied CR123 LED light from Wal-Mart and put it in a 1" Weaver ring. If you want a decent light, pony up for a Fenix or comparable light. If you want good get a Surefire, even if it's used.

On a shotgun I'd at least want an LED bulb. Incandescents have a tendency to fail under recoil (so does cheap circuitry). I'd also want a light that uses lithium batteries, so it'll hold a charge longer.

rh6585

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is this for self defense or vermin eradication? If self-defense, how much is your life worth?

I'd say my life is worth the best light I can afford. i dont use credit cards so I can only buy what I can buy. and unless the flashlight shoots out some "killer beam" im unaware of, the light is simply an accessory on the instrument that is going to save my life. but its hard when you dont live on credit(not that i'm saying you do), but I can only spend what I have.....the stores dont give me stuff just based on my good looks, but thanks for the good info

ez bake

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its not about getting the most expensive thing you can, but if you're buying junk and having to replace it when it fails (or worse, it fails when you need it), then it doesn't make very much sense to do at all, so why not save until you can get something that works the way it should?

Get a Surefire G2L or buy the upgraded LED housing for a G2 and you've got $60 in a flashlight that will take whatever you can give it.

I'm running an upgraded G2 on my AR and it hasn't hiccuped yet.

repete34

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd say my life is worth the best light I can afford. i dont use credit cards so I can only buy what I can buy. and unless the flashlight shoots out some "killer beam" im unaware of, the light is simply an accessory on the instrument that is going to save my life. so, sorry that i cant get the most expensive light like YOU think I should, but its funny when you dont live on credit(not that i'm saying you do), but I can only spend what I have.....the stores dont give me stuff just based on my good looks, so thanks for the good info

Wait until you can save enough to get the better product. It would be better than buying a cheap product and it breaking or not working and then spending again. I have saved for years getting the product I wanted vs. the cheaper product. I still have those products as well.

rh6585

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i didn't lash out. and I dont care if YOU care how i pay. i've dealt w/ you before and you seemed like a good guy, but you can piss off. i have gotten plenty of good advise as you can see, and didn't lash out. if you read it, you would see that I said its simply a matter of money and if i have it or not. if you notice you're the only one gettting defensive about something that you weren't even involved in, i thanked the guy for his advise and just tried to explain WHY I cant get the expensive lights, so if it bothered you that i said i dont use credit cards, then you again can piss off, i thought you were a good guy, but you can take your opinions and keep them. (edited for politeness)

Kingmarine

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I agree on saving to get the better light. A shotgun is going to kick pretty good and if it goes out with your first shot, even if just practicing, what is the point? Get the better light that will last in my opinion.

Latest posts

Top Bottom