Florida Police Officer Surprises Shoplifter ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

reddog1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My best friend and I use to get the sack of burgers out of the garbage from Micky D's after close.

(the ones if any, that were left on the warmers)

The manager caught on, and gave us the bag instead of making us go into the trash.

We would also shoved Eckridge Farm smoked sausages down our pants from the grocery store.

In MY case however, my brokeness and homelessness was my own doing.

I was a totally different human piece of waste back then.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I wonder if this will turn out like the cop in NYC that gave the homeless guy the boots? On a follow up, they found out the guy frequently scammed people and he sold the boots.

Defnestor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know ... not in Oklahoma ... Kinda like a few other threads that have been posted lately ... :D

I just want to tell you guys how much I appreciate the fact that those threads did not turn into pissing contests ... and even though a couple of posters here and there tried to get something started, you guys as a whole did not take the bait.

Thank you! :heart:

It just feels like such a betrayal of trust. We tend to paint all cops with the same brush when one sullies his badge. It's wrong, and I'll bet it feels the same on your end as it does when the anti-freedom crowd blames all gun owners when some nutjob shoots up a school.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I tell ya, the most selfish thing you can do is help someone you don't know. The reward that Officer got was far more then the $100 worth of food. We should try to set up a help a Family in need on this site. If anyone knows of a family that is in need we pitch in $20 and buy some food and this IMO is almost as important. Buy the kids some toys. I vote BB in charge. We get 20 people to pitch in $20 a month, that's $400 of food for a family. We can do that, it's not right these babies are going to bed hungry in this country.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It just feels like such a betrayal of trust. We tend to paint all cops with the same brush when one sullies his badge. It's wrong, and I'll bet it feels the same on your end as it does when the anti-freedom crowd blames all gun owners when some nutjob shoots up a school.

You are certainly right about that. Bad cops are worse than "regular" criminals, if you ask me.

Before I met GC I didn't know any cops. Really. And I thought they were all dicks, even though I'd been cut more breaks than I deserved over the years. In fact there were a couple of times that I could have very easily wound up with a record that would have made me unhireable in my chosen profession. :lookaroun (One was drunk and disorderly ... Imagine that, huh!! :rollingla But she started it! And the other was driving while I was tipsy ... Both times were during my college "career" ... I was such a dumbazz back then ... :rolleyes2 THEN I found MJ ... :heart: :lookaroun :lmfao: Anyway ... I digress ... :D)

Now I can say I know more cops than the average person and I gotta tell you they are really decent people overall ... Just like all those mean old gun-owners I know ... :anyone: Why the one OHP Trooper I know who I think is kinda a dick actually pulled over an OSA'r one night for speeding. When this person texted me and said "Opps ... So and so's got me pulled over on such-and-such highway here" I was like "****, dude, you are about to get it shoved up your behind and broke off -- Sorry ... :(" Guess what?? Trooper gave him a warning and sent him on his merry, albeit somewhat slower, way ...

The thing that REALLY, REALLY torques me about these threads is that instead of discussing the obvious, like what we can do as civilians (bite me you guys, I KNOW JBTs are civilians too ... You KNOW what I mean ...) to avoid finding ourselves in compromising situations, or if we do, regardless of who is at fault, what we can do to minimize the impact of that situation on the rest of our lives, some of us resort to name calling and stereotyping and things just spiral out of control from there ...

I've seen members here post thread after thread about the good cops have done only to have them completely ignored, or as you can see in this thread, make some snarky comment about how they were mistreated or how the cop didn't do her job ...

I swear it's damned if you do and damned if you don't ... :) No worries though ...

If you haven't gotten the chance to read "Rise of the Warrior Cop" I highly recommend it. It's not an inditement of the officers out there on the front line so much as it is a historical examination of how we got from the "Andy Griffith cop" to the "Demolition Man cop" and how the unintended consequences of laws and policies set by politicians and brass have come to change law enforcement in America. Every American citizen needs to read this book -- and every politician and police department supervisor/brass/administrator needs to read it monthly ...

ETA: Opps ... It appears I have hi-jacked my own thread ... :lookaroun

Last edited:

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BTW, I came here to tell you guys about a woman (NOT a police officer) who had her wallet stolen by a man while she was shopping. She was on the news last night -- from Guthrie I think.

She approached him, said she knew he was the only one by her purse and that now her wallet was missing. He apologized and gave it back to her and told her that he was sorry. That he had kids to feed and no money. She took him to the front of the store and bought the $27 worth of groceries he had in his basket for him.

When he asked her why she did that she said she told him that Jesus forgives her every single day, so why shouldn't she forgive him and help him? She said she has 4 kids and knows what it's like to be broke, too.

These acts of grace are not about who is right and who is wrong. It's about looking past the obvious (and your own prejudices and over-reaching generalizations about certain groups of people) and seeing what is really there -- Individuals who deserve to be judged as individuals ... (I've been guilty of snap judgments too ...) The state of our country's economy makes it more important now, than ever before, to understand that desperation can push people into doing things they NEVER thought they would do (or ever even really considered doing).

We make a lot of fun here and sometimes we get carried away (I know I have) but overall I am proud to be a part of this community and to call many of you my friends, so don't think I'm trying to be preachy.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tell ya, the most selfish thing you can do is help someone you don't know. The reward that Officer got was far more then the $100 worth of food. We should try to set up a help a Family in need on this site. If anyone knows of a family that is in need we pitch in $20 and buy some food and this IMO is almost as important. Buy the kids some toys. I vote BB in charge. We get 20 people to pitch in $20 a month, that's $400 of food for a family. We can do that, it's not right these babies are going to bed hungry in this country.

Let me talk to TPTB here ...

Latest posts

Top Bottom