Florida Police Officer Surprises Shoplifter ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like I said, there are plenty of other ways to feed your kids other than stealing private property.

Anytime I can advocate against theft of personal property is a good day. I do it for the children.

Nobody's advocating theft. :rolleyes2 This story is about the GRACE of JBT, not other people's bad situations that caused them to make questionable decisions. She ran the lady and found she had no history of stealing ... You may not have ever been in a position where you wondered how you were gonna feed your kids, but I have so maybe I'm a little more empathic to her plight (and the plight of the man in the other story) than someone else might be.

It's easy to sit here and say "Oh, there are food banks for that stuff and there are churches for that stuff and there's welfare for that stuff." Well, I'm here to tell you from personal experience that each of those situations requires a certain amount of planning and forethought on someone's part to take part in. If you are a "first timer" and unfamiliar with how the "charity system" works in this country, I can completely understand someone thinking they have no other option.

Not saying it's right, just saying I've been there ... You can read into that what you will ...

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems to be OK if they are stealing from Wal Mart. What if they stole that trailer you have in your drive way or those new 22" wheels and tires you just put on your truck to feed their kids? There is so much Government hand outs that no one should be stealing anything to feed kids.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It seems to be OK if they are stealing from Wal Mart. What if they stole that trailer you have in your drive way or those new 22" wheels and tires you just put on your truck to feed their kids? There is so much Government hand outs that no one should be stealing anything to feed kids.

Again ... NOBODY is advocating stealing ...

Yeah, those Government handouts everyone is so fond of saying are out there. They are NOT easy to get, I don't care what you have heard. You literally spend months trying to get help. When your kids are crying themselves to sleep hungry every night, several months away is not much comfort.

surjimmy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hate a thief, they are scum of the earth. Sometimes people get backed into a corner and can see no way out, and when you have hungry babies well you do what you have to do. I lived with my Aunt for awhile while working on a ranch, ther were many a nights our supper was a glass of tea and homemade hush puppies. I ran snag lines, I shot a deer out of season, and I have dropped a hammer on a calf that got too close to the fence away from the heard. All this was breaking the law and was not right. This is not my nature, but we needed food so I did what I had to do. It's easy to judge sitting back with a full belly and a full freezer. It's black and white, stealing is wrong but sometimes there is a grey area.

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody's advocating theft. :rolleyes2 This story is about the GRACE of JBT, not other people's bad situations that caused them to make questionable decisions. She ran the lady and found she had no history of stealing ... You may not have ever been in a position where you wondered how you were gonna feed your kids, but I have so maybe I'm a little more empathic to her plight (and the plight of the man in the other story) than someone else might be. It's easy to sit here and say "Oh, there are food banks for that stuff and there are churches for that stuff and there's welfare for that stuff." Well, I'm here to tell you from personal experience that each of those situations requires a certain amount of planning and forethought on someone's part to take part in. If you are a "first timer" and unfamiliar with how the "charity system" works in this country, I can completely understand someone thinking they have no other option. Not saying it's right, just saying I've been there ... You can read into that what you will ...

Listen, I understand what you are getting at but I expect you to do the same with my point. My wife and I have busted our asses in order to afford to have a child. We waited until we were 32 to have one in order to put ourselves in a position to be able to live comfortably and provide properly. We also had been together for almost ten years before to make sure we were in a good spot with our relationship giving the child the best chance at growing up in a stable home. We have sacrificed more than you'll ever know but I won't ever come on here and complain about it. It's part of who I am and I embrace it. What I will do is call out the absurdity of stealing as being ok. If this woman can't figure out how to feed her litter without stealing then she doesn't deserve to have them. They should become wards of the state. It may not be little pink houses and white picket fences but they will be fed. Come and ask me for something to eat, don't steal it from me under the guise of being part of the "poor, poor, pitiful poor" or the best one being "for the children". I'm just sick of it. Call the woman what she is, she's pathetic. Btw, I'm about to put a 2010 Rav4 up for sale in the classifieds and I'd appreciate it if someone would buy it, because I need the cash for my one child I feed and can afford to raise.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We all agree that stealing is wrong , but what are we doing to make sure that people in the position that this thief found herself in are informed and know where to get help without stealing?

Blinocac200sx

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back when I was single and had money, me and my cousin and another buddy of ours were at a grocery store once, and we see this single mom behind us, putting some groceries on the conveyor, and she was obviously doin her best to make sure she got what she needed with what little money she had, and was carefully adding it all up. We all looked at each other at the same time, and knew we all had the same idea, so we took our stuff and then told the cashier to ring the ladies groceries up on our bill. I'll be honest, it really gives you the warm fuzzies to help somebody.

penismightier

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Listen, I understand what you are getting at but I expect you to do the same with my point. My wife and I have busted our asses in order to afford to have a child. We waited until we were 32 to have one in order to put ourselves in a position to be able to live comfortably and provide properly. We also had been together for almost ten years before to make sure we were in a good spot with our relationship giving the child the best chance at growing up in a stable home. We have sacrificed more than you'll ever know but I won't ever come on here and complain about it. It's part of who I am and I embrace it. What I will do is call out the absurdity of stealing as being ok. If this woman can't figure out how to feed her litter without stealing then she doesn't deserve to have them. They should become wards of the state. It may not be little pink houses and white picket fences but they will be fed. Come and ask me for something to eat, don't steal it from me under the guise of being part of the "poor, poor, pitiful poor" or the best one being "for the children". I'm just sick of it. Call the woman what she is, she's pathetic. Btw, I'm about to put a 2010 Rav4 up for sale in the classifieds and I'd appreciate it if someone would buy it, because I need the cash for my one child I feed and can afford to raise.

Is it lonely up there on your pedestal?

Congrats on having everything planned so perfectly, and making all the perfect decisions to have your perfect life and perfect family.

Now back to reality when **** doesn't always work right and peoples Can't always plan for the obstacles they face in life. To sit there and say the kids should become wards of the state is probably one of the dumbest things I've heard. But it's okay, you sit there and be a heartless douche.....

I hope some day when you need help, you run into your equivalent, and can finally see just how ridiculous your statements truly are!

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

I do understand your point. My biggest problem with the don't have them unless you can feed them comment is this:

I was the AGM for a major hotel here in OKC back in the 80s. Between my husband and I we grossed $125K, had a company car and benefits out the arse, not the least of which was the ability to travel to anywhere we wanted for little to no airfare, and no housing/food costs ... The accountant for the hotel used to call me regularly to ***** at me for not cashing my paycheck in a timely manner.

Within 90 days of the birth of my second child, I went from THAT lifestyle to being:

unemployed (owner sold the hotel, new owner brought in new management),
pregnant with 2 kids, neither of which were school age yet, and
married (husband left when the doctors thought I had ovarian cancer because of a mass they found during my first pre-natal exam with my 3rd pregnancy) but unable to file for divorce,
with no money (husband emptied out the bank accounts and maxed out all the credit cards when he left -- I wound up filing for bankruptcy),
no place to stay (my psycho parents took me back in to, and I quote, "Fix it so they could save the children from me ..."),
no car, no job, no prospects for a job (ever try to look for work while you are pregnant?), and not eligible for aid because I had to prove I was destitute (hard to do with bank accounts that show major withdrawals a couple of weeks before you start applying for aid.

I sold my soul to make sure my kids had a roof over their heads and food in their mouths. I did things I never thought I'd do, always swore I'd never do and that are, both morally and legally wrong, no matter how you slice it.

And if I ever find myself in that position with little ones to care for again, I'd do all those things again. In a heartbeat.

As far as those kids being well fed if they become wards of the state, if you believe that taking a child from a loving home and putting it in the care of strangers who may or may not take sufficient care of that child, then I truly don't know what to say to you ...

So back to the point of this thread ... I completely understand the motivation behind some of these thefts. Does it make it right? No, of course not. But again ... we are not talking about the thefts ... WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE GRACE THAT SOME PEOPLE ARE ABLE TO SHOW THEIR FELLOW MAN

I pray you never find yourself looking in that mirror ...

SoonerBorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is it lonely up there on your pedestal? Congrats on having everything planned so perfectly, and making all the perfect decisions to have your perfect life and perfect family. Now back to reality when **** doesn't always work right and peoples Can't always plan for the obstacles they face in life. To sit there and say the kids should become wards of the state is probably one of the dumbest things I've heard. But it's okay, you sit there and be a heartless douche..... I hope some day when you need help, you run into your equivalent, and can finally see just how ridiculous your statements truly are!

Ad hominem. It doesn't take long around here. The kids would be fed as a ward of the state, would they not? That is what the point of this entire thread is about, correct? She stole because she could not feed her kids. When a ward of the state they are fed. Problem solved.

Penismaller, do you want to buy my car I'm selling?

Latest posts

Top Bottom