FLU Shot

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well if you're in health care you aren't going to get much of a choice soon. Flu shots will be a cores measure beginning next year. In at least one health system if you waiver the shot and get the flu you will be off work on your own dime for 2weeks after you break the fever. If you don't have the PTO to cover it too bad so sad you lose pay. You don't get the flu from getting the shot. You can have mild flu like symptoms as your body builds antibodies. Having had the flu more than once and been in the emergency room too many times with an IV in my arm I just get if now. Even of you catch an alternate strain it usually is not as severe and long lasting as it normally could be.

Biggest bunch of pansies I've ever seen on here when it comes to the flu shot.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, this "pansy" is over 66 years old, and the best that I can remember, every time I did get a flu shot, I got the flu. I can't remember the last time I even had one as I feel that there are older folks and folks working in the health care system that need the shot worse than I do. So, with the case being that sometimes the flu vaccine is limited in availability, I'm doing my part to help out those who need it worse than I.

So there.......

imasoonerfan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No thanks. Ever looked at all of the crap that is in that thing? I am saving the formaldehyde injection for death. The last time I got the shot I had a knot the size of a baseball at the injection site and got the flu within a week. Haven't had either since.

Podman

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Got mine. This year they got the right vaccine for the strain that's going around. My doctor said you can't get the flu from the shot because they
are using a dead virus. I don't like shots either but I sure don't want the flue. It's bad on us elderly people. :wink2:

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got mine. This year they got the right vaccine for the strain that's going around. My doctor said you can't get the flu from the shot because they
are using a dead virus. I don't like shots either but I sure don't want the flue. It's bad on us elderly people. :wink2:

Actually I have seen a number of people who got the shot but have still ended up with Flu A. Guessing it is just a strain that wasn't in the vaccine. Of course, there are many strains going around, and in different areas we'll have very different results.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, if all else fails, call those who don't follow the herd mentality names. I don't get the shot - don't need it. I so rarely get the flu that I don't feel it's necessary.

Outside of that: haven't we been down this road ad-nauseum on this forum? Maybe a search of "flu shot" would be in order, to save all of the arguments that always arise from this topic.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Has never had the flu shot and very seldom get it but wife and daughter gets one ever year but had a Doc tell use the other day that the flu shot that they gave this year isnt working so take extra precautions.

bulbboy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've gotten the flu shot every since I can remember and haven't had the flu. My wife on the other hand refuses to get it and has had the flu twice in 4 years

Latest posts

Top Bottom