Flying and face mask inside US

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Has anyone recently flown for travel or business?
What are the expectations of face masks/coverings?

Please share your experience(s).
Thanks as always!

TwoForFlinching

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Haven't flown since this thing blew up over Spring break. Lots of masks in the airport, but no expectation of requirement. Haven't heard anything to the differ since.

HFS

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would go to the website of the airline you're gonna fly with and see what they say.
I'd also check again maybe the day before you travel to see if they moved the goalposts or something.

45 shooter

Marksman
Reaction score
Some airlines are requiring them, from what I read. Also, some destinations (countries) are requiring all incoming passengers to wear them. No direct experience on my part, just stating what I've read in the news the past few days.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just heard a report from someone who had just flown for the first time after the Rona scare. I wasn’t paying all that much attention (I don’t fly, so I don’t really care), but I think he was saying that the airlines have waived a lot of the normal fees, and that it was actually a decent experience thanks to the social distancing, despite having to wear a mask.

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Friends of mine have flown. They took pictures of planes half full and basically you could sit where you wanted.
No news on masks from them, but that was before January 2020.

Mr E

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Can confirm Southwest REQUIRES you to wear a mask but they are also keeping middle seats clear to provide some distance between passengers until you're with someone else.
Source: My wife is on a plane right now.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Plan to wear a mask from the time you step on the plane to the time you step off. Many airlines are requiring it and even if they don't, you're risking an altercation with passengers and crew if you don't, which isn't worth it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom