Folks On Food Stamps Have Good & Expensive Tastes When it Comes to Food.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Zombie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LOL - and what would you have him do? Write his "representatives"? He'd be just as successful writing Santa Claus.

The odds of success are astronomically higher than Posting About It On A Internet Forum

ding ding ding...

sitting here being a damn internet tough guy crying about how people are using their assistance doesn't get anything done. It makes you look like a complete and utter
You want things changed start calling, writing, e-mailing or hell even visiting every elected official you can and also any DHS contacts you can gain.

Be proactive if you want something done. If everyone that had a problem with it would do something things might just change. But you damn cry babies would rather sit here about how things are.

Last edited by a moderator:

Lithiumokc

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
welfare is one of the biggest wastes of tax payer money in the whole damn world. We pay for them stamps that lazy, worthless, freeloading use and abuse. I had a time about 5 years ago I needed some help.. To actually feed my fam.. I dont ask for help on anything, I hate not being able to take care of myself. Its a pride thing I guess.. So we moved back to okc from the sticks due to a job falling through.. Had enough case to move and get the utilities on and that was it. So not wanting to be a bother to anyone I said... Hey, lets see if DHS would help.. we get there, bring in bank statements and what not.. all required paper work... I wasnt wanting food stamps for any longer than a week or so, until the pay checks started rolling.. Since all the documents I had were from out of town they needed a week or so to confirm everything... By then... I wouldnt need any help... So they forced me to go else where for assistance... Here comes the pawnshop..... at any rate.. You have these strung out tweekers and pill poppers that can not work a day in there life.. and still get not only free food, but all there bills payed, rent.. even a F'n Cell phone.... as well as cash in there pocket...So when some honest, hardworking tax payer needs help... its not available... Only for the low lifes in the world help is available... I have only met a couple of people on welfare that actually needed it.. Old people and a few disabled peps... The other 99% are just lazy bastards. If i wanted to have my old lady pop out 5 more kids and stop working just because... we would be just fine because DHS would help then..

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
You've got to be kidding me.....they have a "RIGHT" to "splurge" on assistance money fleeced from the paychecks of others? They don't have a "RIGHT" to sh*t.......they should be thankful to get beans and cornbread from the forced charity of others.

Seriously? "Beans and cornbread?" Come on CJ, that's just plain mean spirited. If the people reselling food or otherwise committing fraud, then prosecute them and kick them off the program, but don't begrudge them food because they are poor.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
welfare is one of the biggest wastes of tax payer money in the whole damn world. We pay for them stamps that lazy, worthless, freeloading assholes use and abuse. I had a time about 5 years ago I needed some help.. To actually feed my fam.. I dont ask for help on anything, I hate not being able to take care of myself. Its a pride thing I guess.. So we moved back to okc from the sticks due to a job falling through.. Had enough case to move and get the utilities on and that was it. So not wanting to be a bother to anyone I said... Hey, lets see if DHS would help.. we get there, bring in bank statements and what not.. all required paper work... I wasnt wanting food stamps for any longer than a week or so, until the pay checks started rolling.. Since all the documents I had were from out of town they needed a week or so to confirm everything... By then... I wouldnt need any help... So they forced me to go else where for assistance... Here comes the pawnshop..... at any rate.. You have these strung out tweekers and pill poppers that can not work a day in there life.. and still get not only free food, but all there bills payed, rent.. even a F'n Cell phone.... as well as cash in there pocket...So when some honest, hardworking tax payer needs help... its not available... Only for the low lifes in the world help is available... I have only met a couple of people on welfare that actually needed it.. Old people and a few disabled peps... The other 99% are just lazy bastards. If i wanted to have my old lady pop out 5 more kids and stop working just because... we would be just fine because DHS would help then..

So, because DHS wanted you to comply with certain requirements and would not just write you a check, it is "a worthless program" for "lazy, worthless, freeloading assholes?" And i'll bet you consider yourself a good Christian....

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
However, if it's food stamps, why not buy better food? You have a fixed amount per month, and you have to spend it on food, so if you can work steak and lobsters into a sensible budget I don't know why you wouldn't get them.

I agree. Maybe not porterhouse and lobster for my fare, but a sirloin or two on sale is not unreasonable. The bigger problem is that most people on assistance buy a month's worth of food at a time, and/or have limited transportation. So any fresh produce or meat is out of the question most times.

Same thing with coupons. If you lived on coupon food alone, you'd be eating a LOT of processed trash. I mean, I get boxed and frozen stuff but I need some produce and meat as my staples.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seriously? "Beans and cornbread?" Come on CJ, that's just plain mean spirited. If the people reselling food or otherwise committing fraud, then prosecute them and kick them off the program, but don't begrudge them food because they are poor.

I won't begrudge them because they're poor, but I will begrudge them because they're lazy. Sometimes interchangeable, but not always, and in this case of the receipt owner, I don't know which applies so I can't comment.

Family A: Parents work their arses off and make personal sacrifices for the sole purpose of making their kids happy and healthy? Please, by all means, if they're able to budget a juicy steak in every now and then, go nuts.

Family B: "Why work when I can get what I want for free?". Until they can learn some personal and social responsibility, it's beans and cornbread dudes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom