For all you horsemen out there...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Muskrat

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For horse spray I use Endure and for fly control I use Spalding fly control. Have been using both products for years and am very happy with the two products. We are surrounded by cattle ranches and might find one or two flies in the house all year. As for horse flies haven't found how to eliminate them yet but the Endure keeps them off. Don't know how wise it is but I mist myself with the Endure when riding. Does a better job I think on repelling all bugs of all kinds.

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Killing flies surround the house do what I said. Repel them off a horse for an hour to ride? Kill then on the horse? Kill them in general? What is it you want?

The predators work pretty good around the crap but you need rain/ moist conditions for them to keep repopulating. It might work well in east half of oklahoma but not awesome here.
A few squirts if bronco once you saddle up used to work for a little while. Ragland blocks kill the larvae in the crapola. Spraying tempo around stalls/barn etc help.

Anybody else got ideas?

tntrex

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
For horse spray I use Endure and for fly control I use Spalding fly control. Have been using both products for years and am very happy with the two products. We are surrounded by cattle ranches and might find one or two flies in the house all year. As for horse flies haven't found how to eliminate them yet but the Endure keeps them off. Don't know how wise it is but I mist myself with the Endure when riding. Does a better job I think on repelling all bugs of all kinds.

Endure. Yes that's the one that is newer than bronco. It is better.

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We've had good results with Pyranha.

And I use equi spot on the ponies when they're turned out. It's a single use container about like a advantix flea and tick for your dogs made by bronco I think. Works well for a week or so. The permectin CDs I use on the cows works good as well. If you use an oil based fly control put it down their mane and some on their tail as well. Farnham repel x is the best emulsifiable (diluteable) fly control I've used. The generic permitherin just doesn't seem to work that well.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Latest posts

Top Bottom