For the benefit of hunting consumers everywhere and the search engines they use...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Gerber Hunting Gear - is it any good?

gerber junk gerber sucks gerber junk gerber cheap gerber junk gerber cheesy gerber junk gerber weak gerber junk gerber trash gerber junk gerber lame gerber junk gerber horrible quality gerber junk gerber awful gerber junk gerber **** gerber junk gerber breaks gerber junk gerber not fit to wipe your butt with gerber junk gerber low quality gerber junk gerber the worst products ever gerber junk gerber buyer beware gerber junk gerber caveat emptor gerber junk gerber stay away from gerber junk gerber don't buy gerber junk gerber piss poor gerber junk gerber fecal gear gerber junk gerber sucks gerber junk gerber cheap gerber junk gerber cheesy gerber junk gerber weak gerber junk gerber trash gerber junk gerber lame gerber junk gerber horrible quality gerber junk gerber awful gerber junk gerber **** gerber junk gerber breaks gerber junk gerber not fit to wipe your butt with gerber junk gerber low quality gerber junk gerber the worst products ever gerber junk gerber buyer beware gerber junk gerber caveat emptor gerber junk gerber stay away from gerber junk gerber don't buy gerber junk gerber piss poor gerber junk gerber fecal gear gerber junk gerber sucks gerber junk gerber cheap gerber junk gerber cheesy gerber junk gerber weak gerber junk gerber trash gerber junk gerber lame gerber junk gerber horrible quality gerber junk gerber awful gerber junk gerber **** gerber junk gerber breaks gerber junk gerber not fit to wipe your butt with gerber junk gerber low quality gerber junk gerber the worst products ever gerber junk gerber buyer beware gerber junk gerber caveat emptor gerber junk gerber stay away from gerber junk gerber don't buy gerber junk gerber piss poor gerber junk gerber fecal gear gerber juk gerber sucks gerber junk gerber cheap gerber junk gerber cheesy gerber junk gerber weak gerber junk gerber trash gerber junk gerber lame gerber junk gerber horrible quality gerber junk gerber awful gerber junk gerber **** gerber junk gerber breaks gerber junk gerber not fit to wipe your butt with gerber junk gerber low quality gerber junk gerber the worst products ever gerber junk gerber buyer beware gerber junk gerber caveat emptor gerber junk gerber stay away from gerber junk gerber don't buy gerber junk gerber piss poor gerber junk gerber fecal gear gerber junk gerber sucks gerber junk gerber cheap gerber junk gerber cheesy gerber junk gerber weak gerber junk gerber trash gerber junk gerber lame gerber junk gerber horrible quality gerber junk gerber awful gerber junk gerber **** gerber junk gerber breaks gerber junk gerber not fit to wipe your butt with gerber junk gerber low quality gerber junk gerber the worst products ever gerber junk gerber buyer beware gerber junk gerber caveat emptor gerber junk gerber stay away from gerber junk gerber don't buy gerber junk

:)

It's true through - their saws, pruners, knives, flashlights - stuff like that which they're selling en masse to the public in Academy, Bass Pro, and everywhere else is just the worst cheapest filipino crap you can get, with unknown steels, lots of plastic, and poor workmanship. I've given them several trys, and want to like them, but their stuff breaks over and over and over. Lesson learned bigtime.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So, Gerber isn't good any more? Is that what we should take out of this?

Pretty much lines up with my experience, though some of the older Gerber stuff was pretty good. CB

Reaction score
Older was good yes. Newer notsomuch. :)

Oh, in their defense, I DO have a Gerber x-large fanny pack with 3 big compartments I bought from Bass Pro 2 or 3 years back that has served quite well and lasted many hunting outings. So I wouldn't hesitate to buy things like that made of cloth-like material. It's the *tools* that I'd be leery of. In particular, stay away from saws, machetes, & pruners, egad.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
get you and old Mark 1 and see if you experiance the same thing. One of the sharpest knives out of the box I have ever experianced.

tslabaugh

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Gerber pocket knife doesn't see any use other than tape, rope, etc... because it cuts like dull scissors!

For skinning and stuff I have switched and use a Havalon Piranta... Screw sharpening knives! This thing is awesome...I love it!

aforums.bowsite.com_tf_pics_00small55732548.JPG

jmiller45

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My Gerber pocket knife doesn't see any use other than tape, rope, etc... because it cuts like dull scissors!

For skinning and stuff I have switched and use a Havalon Piranta... Screw sharpening knives! This thing is awesome...I love it!

aforums.bowsite.com_tf_pics_00small55732548.JPG

Not bad for $35. Think I'm gonna order one. Thanks

Reloader27

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can sharpen a Gerber Gator Series knife for you guys that you could tape to your carbon arrow and use for your broadhead. It will cut ya just by looking at it. I have processed 20+ deer with the Gerber and cut through the ribs and other bones I probably should not have with no problem at all. I agree some of their stuff is probably junk, but I like the Gators. :lookaroun

Latest posts

Top Bottom