For the Chris Christie fans.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just in case there are still some Chris Christie fans on the site. Nomination chances = 0%

http://www.courierpostonline.com/viewart/20121221/NEWS02/212210319/N-J-gov-Armed-guards-won-t-make-schools-safer

N.J. gov: Armed guards won't make schools safer

NEWARK — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Friday that posting armed guards outside schools won't make classrooms safer or encourage learning.

Christie said armed officers would have to be positioned outside every classroom, not just at the front entrance, because there are many ways to enter a school.

The Republican governor stopped short of commenting directly on the proposal by the National Rifle Association that armed police officers be stationed in every American school to stop the next killer "waiting in the wings." Christie said he hadn't yet read the proposal.

The governor, who is a former federal prosecutor, has called for a thoughtful dialogue on gun violence, mental illness and exposure to violent video games.

He also said it's up to police to make sure New Jersey's gun laws, which are the second toughest in the country behind New York's, are enforced.

Christie noted the success of a recent gun buy-back program in reducing the number of weapons on the street. A two-day buy-back in Camden returned 1,137 weapons, so many that the program's $250,000 budget was exhausted within hours and had to be replenished, he said.

pak-40

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Just in case there are still some Chris Christie fans on the site. Nomination chances = 0%

http://www.courierpostonline.com/viewart/20121221/NEWS02/212210319/N-J-gov-Armed-guards-won-t-make-schools-safer

N.J. gov: Armed guards won't make schools safer

NEWARK — New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie said Friday that posting armed guards outside schools won't make classrooms safer or encourage learning.

Christie said armed officers would have to be positioned outside every classroom, not just at the front entrance, because there are many ways to enter a school.

The Republican governor stopped short of commenting directly on the proposal by the National Rifle Association that armed police officers be stationed in every American school to stop the next killer "waiting in the wings." Christie said he hadn't yet read the proposal.

The governor, who is a former federal prosecutor, has called for a thoughtful dialogue on gun violence, mental illness and exposure to violent video games.

He also said it's up to police to make sure New Jersey's gun laws, which are the second toughest in the country behind New York's, are enforced.

Christie noted the success of a recent gun buy-back program in reducing the number of weapons on the street. A two-day buy-back in Camden returned 1,137 weapons, so many that the program's $250,000 budget was exhausted within hours and had to be replenished, he said.

He is a fat-assed RINO! I would not be suprised if he changes political parties!

The BEST thing to stop a BG with a gun is a Good Guy with a gun! Even my children understand that.

IndVet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He is a fat-assed RINO! I would not be suprised if he changes political parties!

The BEST thing to stop a BG with a gun is a Good Guy with a gun! Even my children understand that.

He doesn't agree with you exactly the same on every issue right down the line. For that you name him a RINO and feel the need to bad mouth his physical charactersitics.

Good God, no wonder the Republican party is in such trouble.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
He doesn't agree with you exactly the same on every issue right down the line. For that you name him a RINO and feel the need to bad mouth his physical charactersitics.

I can't speak for Pak but his policy on gun control is enough to ward me off. He may have many views I agree with but the 2A couldn't be more off.

http://www.ontheissues.org/Chris_Christie.htm#Gun_Control

The issue which has energized me to get into this race is the recent attempt by certain Republican legislators to repeal NJ's ban on assault weapons.

:nono1: No vote for you!!

harrahdeke

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

The GOP being in trouble is self inflicted. Good lord wake up America! The GOP hasn't behaved like the GOP in 30 years. They are nothing more than bureaucrats like their counterparts on the left that have in concert with the left accomplished little to nothing but an insurmountable debt. Some tea-party elected folks and quite a large number of Conservative Governors are starting to get the picture and get it right. There just isn't enough of us Constitutional Conservatives who believe in our system as it was designed. "Liberty, Freedom, and limited Government!"

We are now stuck with overcoming this overwhelming number of people in the "me" generation who vote for "stuff!" Makes me sick.

tulsamal

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It appears to me that he is trying very hard to move to the center on issues he thinks will give him a better chance as a Presidential candidate. It's a tricky balancing act though. Trying to appeal to the moderates in the center while not ostracizing the activists on the Right who control the primary system.

G

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's pretty disappointing. I appreciate you posting the article. Hopefully his only solution to this issue is not a 'gun buyback program'. Does he have any real plans to ward off violence in school?

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
He'll do the same thing Romney did, appeal to his state/regional base and then pretend he's "changed" once he's up for national office. Christie would be a repeat of the McCain and Romney disasters for the GOP. Simply put, the GOP should NEVER try to nominate a presidential candidate from the liberal controlled areas of the country. It will not work. :(

Latest posts

Top Bottom