1. Welcome to Oklahoma Shooters Association! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.
  2. All members receive 3 free listings a month. Get unlimited listings for just $10 a year! Click here for all the info.

Stitt moves to 'flatten the curve' of coronavirus in Oklahoma

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by CGS1, Mar 24, 2020.

1. CGS1

CGS1 I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    Stitt moves to 'flatten the curve' of coronavirus in Oklahoma.
    OKLAHOMA CITY (KTEN) -- Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt on Tuesday announced new measures aimed at "flattening the curve" of coronavirus cases.

At a briefing in Oklahoma City, he ordered all "non-essential" businesses in the 19 counties reporting a COVID-19 case to close as of 11:59 p.m. Wednesday. The businesses must remain closed for 21 days.

"These include businesses with close contact or personal touch, like hair salons, gyms, theaters, massage parlors, tattoo parlors, and we will provide further guidance on that," Stitt said.

In the KTEN viewing area, two coronavirus cases have been reported in Garvin County and one in Pontotoc County.

As of Tuesday, there have been 109 Oklahomans who have tested positive for the virus; three have died.

The governor also announced a "Safer at Home" initiative for all "vulnerable populations" to remain in their residences through April 30 and the state will restrict any gatherings of 10 people or more statewide.

"I don't make these decisions lightly," Stitt said. "I know this affects all four million Oklahomans."

The governor said he endorsed the proposal by State Superintendent of Public Instruction Joy Hofmeister to extend "distance learning" for all Oklahoma public schools through the end of the current school year, meaning that campuses will remain closed to students.

"Hey, this may be the new normal for a little bit," he said. "We are going to get through this, Oklahoma."

Hofmeister's proposal will be considered by the State Board of Education at a special meeting on Wednesday.
    http://www.kten.com/story/41934230/stitt-moves-to-flatten-the-curve-of-coronavirus-in-oklahoma

2. Okie4570

Okie4570 Moderator Staff Member

Rating
    100%
    Well that pretty much helped with the school closure decision if hadn't already been decided on lol. That's a ton of stores in those counties. Along with missed salaries, anything funded by sales tax, ouch. Car dealers, ouch.

3. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    So these closures are only 6 more days? I thought it was April 15 for restaurants/bars. And I thought the first closure included gyms and hair salons. I need my eyebrows waxed dang it!

4. CGS1

CGS1 I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    he ordered all "non-essential" businesses in the 19 counties reporting a COVID-19 case to close as of 11:59 p.m. Wednesday. The businesses must remain closed for 21 days.

5. Dumpstick

Dumpstick Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    40,000 to 50,000 people die in the US every year from influenza.

This is ridiculous. The economy is being sacrificed over a dam flu virus.

6. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    I skimmed it to fast lol

Cowcatcher likes this.
  7. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    actually the numbers must be compared world wide to come up with the actual mortality rate. Do you know the difference?
    Asking for a friend

Judi and ignerntbend like this.
  8. Dumpstick

Dumpstick Sharpshooter

Rating
    100%
    Tell your arsehole friend that I don't know nothing from difference. I can't add or subtract, nor figure mortality rates.
    I don't know the difference between national, international, or intrastate.

The passive agressive nature of your prick friend wears on me. And he's not all that funny.

9. CHenry

CHenry Sharpshooter

Supporter
    Rating
    100%
    HAHA
    Chill Francis
    The mortality rate of Covid is MUCH higher, thus the alarms.

10. ignerntbend

ignerntbend Sharpshooter

Clay's a really pleasant guy, but if you call his friend passive aggressive, he hits the roof.

CHenry likes this.