Stitt moves to 'flatten the curve' of coronavirus in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stitt moves to 'flatten the curve' of coronavirus in Oklahoma.
OKLAHOMA CITY (KTEN) -- Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt on Tuesday announced new measures aimed at "flattening the curve" of coronavirus cases.

At a briefing in Oklahoma City, he ordered all "non-essential" businesses in the 19 counties reporting a COVID-19 case to close as of 11:59 p.m. Wednesday. The businesses must remain closed for 21 days.

"These include businesses with close contact or personal touch, like hair salons, gyms, theaters, massage parlors, tattoo parlors, and we will provide further guidance on that," Stitt said.

In the KTEN viewing area, two coronavirus cases have been reported in Garvin County and one in Pontotoc County.

As of Tuesday, there have been 109 Oklahomans who have tested positive for the virus; three have died.

The governor also announced a "Safer at Home" initiative for all "vulnerable populations" to remain in their residences through April 30 and the state will restrict any gatherings of 10 people or more statewide.

"I don't make these decisions lightly," Stitt said. "I know this affects all four million Oklahomans."

The governor said he endorsed the proposal by State Superintendent of Public Instruction Joy Hofmeister to extend "distance learning" for all Oklahoma public schools through the end of the current school year, meaning that campuses will remain closed to students.

"Hey, this may be the new normal for a little bit," he said. "We are going to get through this, Oklahoma."

Hofmeister's proposal will be considered by the State Board of Education at a special meeting on Wednesday.
http://www.kten.com/story/41934230/stitt-moves-to-flatten-the-curve-of-coronavirus-in-oklahoma

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well that pretty much helped with the school closure decision if hadn't already been decided on lol. That's a ton of stores in those counties. Along with missed salaries, anything funded by sales tax, ouch. Car dealers, ouch.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So these closures are only 6 more days? I thought it was April 15 for restaurants/bars. And I thought the first closure included gyms and hair salons. I need my eyebrows waxed dang it!

CGS1

I'm Retired, Do It Yourself.
Special Hen
Reaction score
So these closures are only 6 more days? I thought it was April 15 for restaurants/bars. And I thought the first closure included gyms and hair salons. I need my eyebrows waxed dang it!
he ordered all "non-essential" businesses in the 19 counties reporting a COVID-19 case to close as of 11:59 p.m. Wednesday. The businesses must remain closed for 21 days.

Dumpstick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
actually the numbers must be compared world wide to come up with the actual mortality rate. Do you know the difference?
Asking for a friend
Tell your arsehole friend that I don't know nothing from difference. I can't add or subtract, nor figure mortality rates.
I don't know the difference between national, international, or intrastate.

The passive agressive nature of your prick friend wears on me. And he's not all that funny.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tell your arsehole friend that I don't know nothing from difference. I can't add or subtract, nor figure mortality rates.
I don't know the difference between national, international, or intrastate.

The passive agressive nature of your prick friend wears on me. And he's not all that funny.
HAHA
Chill Francis
The mortality rate of Covid is MUCH higher, thus the alarms.

Latest posts

Top Bottom