Stitt moves to 'flatten the curve' of coronavirus in Oklahoma

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The hoarding is smart. What is in LA is only weeks behind here, mitigating it now is crucial. Can you tell me actual numbers of incubation periods and what asymptomatic carriers means?

No one can see this. And you might never be sick, but it could kill your elders, or immunocompromised, diabetic, overweight, in fact in Italy the #1 comorbidity so far is obesity.

Guess what Americans are? A lot are pretty overweight and diabetic. This isn't going to end well. Because those same people were going to bars and restaurants this past weekend still.

That means we wont see who they infected for anywhere from 5-20 days, 37 being the longest contact traced so far in Italy, here in Oklahoma.

So, March 29th to April 18th, big clusters will hit hospitals, lag in testing, give it another 5 days for each date (that's how long results are on avg) so April 3rd and April 23rd. Respectively

Open for Easter? Countrywide. I don't want to do the math. 7% to 10% die who catch this by June. Hospitals would be setup in hotels, the Chesapeake arena, army tents in parking lots etc.

The clinic my wife sees patients at are getting tests back in 24 hours, the lab is saying this will be down to 8 hours in a day or 2.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That should be directed at state leaders like Stitt. Who fired the state epidemiologist just days ago.
He transferred him to another position where his skills could be an advantage, and hired a person that is much more intelligent about the situation we have at hand.
I think that's a pretty good move on Stitt's part.

"Laurence Burnsed, who has been state epidemiologist and deputy commissioner of prevention and preparedness services at the health department since November 2018, was moved to a new role “to provide epidemiological expertise to Oklahoma stakeholders,” the department announced in a news release. Burnsed has been a visible presence at press conferences, along with Gov. Kevin Stitt and Commissioner of Health Gary Cox.

Burnsed will be replaced by Dr. Aaron Wendelboe, who has a doctorate in epidemiology from the University of North Carolina and worked as an epidemic intelligence service officer at the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention."

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nah, not long at all. Rebooting the economy is what I look at this as and make it run more efficient. Change will come but it will all be positive change. Think of the uptick in science labs across the world and all the new testing and vaccines being made with this scare. Tech has a way of stepping up when that's what it takes to stop the world from dying off. It will create millions of jobs as an after effect and med stocks will sore, as well as things like Johnson n Johnson products and Dupont...only to mention a couple.
Now and then you gotta whip that horse to get it off of high center.
The hoarding is smart. What is in LA is only weeks behind here, mitigating it now is crucial. Can you tell me actual numbers of incubation periods and what asymptomatic carriers means?

No one can see this. And you might never be sick, but it could kill your elders, or immunocompromised, diabetic, overweight, in fact in Italy the #1 comorbidity so far is obesity.

Guess what Americans are? A lot are pretty overweight and diabetic. This isn't going to end well. Because those same people were going to bars and restaurants this past weekend still.

That means we wont see who they infected for anywhere from 5-20 days, 37 being the longest contact traced so far in Italy, here in Oklahoma.

So, March 29th to April 18th, big clusters will hit hospitals, lag in testing, give it another 5 days for each date (that's how long results are on avg) so April 3rd and April 23rd. Respectively

Open for Easter? Countrywide. I don't want to do the math. 7% to 10% die who catch this by June. Hospitals would be setup in hotels, the Chesapeake arena, army tents in parking lots etc.

7-10% mortality is doomsday fantasyland.

Frederick

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't know, my family is from rural Georgia. my papaw didn't get electricity until 1953 after that rural electrification thing. they got a lightbulb in the kitchen. they sure didn't have any plumbing. my Great grandfather grew up in the great depression, but they were so poor it didn't even effect them much. he taught my grandfather and his brothers to eat everything off the plate, because they didn't know when they'd get to eat next. they farmed cotton and peanuts from dusk til dawn. people are worried about the economic health of this country, but they don't know what real poverty is. we've become so materialistic that we've lost sight of what's really important in our society, the family and community. what's the point of preserving economic strength if we sacrifice our loved ones and the weakest members of our community by allowing this virus to spread? no doubt we'll spring back, our foundations are strong.

to paraphrase farmer alex skillet from a newsreel i saw at the beginning of a song by 'Alabama'; "We're Americans, and Americans have been through a lot of hardships, but we'll fight this through."

Tanis143

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Lets see, what was that statement, than the economy would suffer even more when 5-10% of the people died? Lets look at this logically. Even in today's economy, the demographic that is hardest hit by covid-19 are those above the age of 60, who typically are retired. So no, the economy wouldn't hurt as bad.

What is going to happen is there will be widespread bankruptcies of small businesses, putting many people out of work. Even large businesses, especially in sectors hardest hit by these shutdowns, will be laying off workers. This week its projected that the highest number EVER will file for their first week of unemployment. Read that sentence again. This national scare over another covid virus is going to send us into a recession, and possibly into another great depression. If it wasn't for WWI, the first one would have taken even longer to recover from.

So when the economy collapses and you're without food and no money to pay for food, at least you can say "Hey, I didn't get covid-19!".

ZombieHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets see, what was that statement, than the economy would suffer even more when 5-10% of the people died? Lets look at this logically. Even in today's economy, the demographic that is hardest hit by covid-19 are those above the age of 60, who typically are retired. So no, the economy wouldn't hurt as bad.

What is going to happen is there will be widespread bankruptcies of small businesses, putting many people out of work. Even large businesses, especially in sectors hardest hit by these shutdowns, will be laying off workers. This week its projected that the highest number EVER will file for their first week of unemployment. Read that sentence again. This national scare over another covid virus is going to send us into a recession, and possibly into another great depression. If it wasn't for WWI, the first one would have taken even longer to recover from.

So when the economy collapses and you're without food and no money to pay for food, at least you can say "Hey, I didn't get covid-19!".

Got heirloom seeds and plenty of time with a green thumb. I can afford buying a half a steer every year. Ill be fine. Even got me a fancy breadmaker back in january, and yes i have backup power for if thst ol' 70 year old or more power grid goes down.

Also if the economy is cruise ships that fly the flags of foreign nations to avoid tax, then it should burn. Same goes for airlines and stock buybacks.

If we made things in this country shutting down service sector would matter not one teeny bit. Except for the countries dependent on extra output not likely to come from manufacturing, kind of like the pickle we are in with China.

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We have a new number 1...

Spain’s coronavirus death toll overtook that of China on Wednesday, rising to 3,434 after 738 people died over the past 24 hours, the government said.

Latest posts

Top Bottom