Ford dealership - Mechanics question (Tulsa Location)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ive got an issue with my f150 that requires a mechanic and I personally would rather a ford dealership to at least diagnose the issue. In Tulsa we have 2 ford dealers.

Does anyone have any experience with either one?

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My employer used the Bill Knight shop at 41st/Memorial (Lincoln/Volvo) for all the company cars. This isn't necessarily an endorsement as I can't comment good or bad on the others, but this one has been pretty fair with us.

Personally, I use an independent shop (Ireland's) for my personal cars. I believe one tech there came over from Joe Cooper and is very knowledgeable about Ford trucks. Maybe worth a shot.

XPerties

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not a code. I have a tuner that gives me read outs. About 2 weeks ago I started to developed a whining sound from the rear, almost like having heavy mud tires on. I figured I hadn't services the rear deferential so I poped the cover and changed gear oil thinking that might help but it didn't. I don't know if it's a yoke or drive shaft issue.

AllOut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO you'll find better mechanics at a independent shop then you will a dealership around here.
If it's a diff problem take it to a specialty shop like Danny's Differentials in Tulsa. They specialize in that stuff and will know way more than a tech at a dealership.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dealerships are overrated. They dont fix cars they just make money. their diagnostic strategy is replace replace replace. who cares if it dont fix it.

i have my own shop and i specialize in electrical. you would be surprised how many cars i have fixed that the dealer can not. the difference is that they only have a small amount of time to spend on each vehicle, but i will spend as much time as i need to make it right.

why waste time when you can just put parts on and charge the customer for them.

sad thing is that the problem is not always the part, they forget that there are wires between these parts.

To the original post.

you didnt post ANY information about your ford. year, model, millage.

whinning noises can be caused by alot of things.

Wheel bearings, differential bearings.

heres one that i see all the time too.

Cupped tires!! people forget that they need to rotate tires. cupped tires may have alot of tread but they will make noises very simillar to a wheel bearing.

T34r1tUp

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IMO you'll find better mechanics at a independent shop then you will a dealership around here.
If it's a diff problem take it to a specialty shop like Danny's Differentials in Tulsa. They specialize in that stuff and will know way more than a tech at a dealership.

x1000

but you know what i have found.
take your car to a tire shop and guess what you need tires.
You take your car to a tranny shop, and guess what you need a tranny.
take your car to engine repair shop, and guess what you need an engine.
take your car to the new dealership and guess what, you need a new car.

AGI

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For god`s sake, dont go to a stealership to get your truck diagnosed or fixed. They will milk you dry. You re much better off using an independent shop. Ask friends, family, or us for recommendations :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom