FREE Dental Care coming to Oklahoma City, OK Feb 1-2/2019

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
FREE Dental Care coming to Oklahoma City, OK Feb 1-2/2019

OK boys and girls,

I figured I'd pass this on to everyone again this year.

This year's OKMOM (Oklahoma Mission of Mercy) will be taking place in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma on Feb 1 and 2, 2019.

This year it will be held at the State Fair Park in the Oklahoma Expo Hall.

https://www.facebook.com/oklahomamissionofmercy/?fref=nf

http://www.okmom.org/

Each year for the past 9 years (this will be #10), the Dental community of Oklahoma put on a 2 day event where we offer free (yes, FREE) dental care to anyone who shows up.

This is in No cost at all. There are no qualifications. We try to see everyone who shows up.

I have done four of them so far.

I will be at this one in the Oral Surgery bays. Good Lord willing and the Creek don't rise. Last year, I blew out my back right before the event. I'm trying to take it easy this year!!!

Usually, we treat upwards of 1500 to 1800 patients during the two day event. This is an amazing event. Dentist, Dental Hygienists, Assistants, Receptionists, basically anyone who wants to volunteer will be giving their time during this two day event.

Things I want to stress:

This is FREE to people who show up.
Free.
No Dinero.
No Money needed.

No Insurance collected.

There are NO income qualifications or requirements.
Most areas of dentistry will be provided (except Orthodontics).

Everything from basic cleanings to complex Extractions (Oral Surgery).
Fillings, limited root canals, cleanings, xrays, extractions, limited partial dentures.

And did I mention that it is free?

And something to know about the people involved, they are ALL volunteers.

So, pass this on to anyone that you know that might be in need.

If you have any questions, feel free to ask.

And if you are interested in volunteering, I'm sure that there is information on the website. You don't have to be a dentist or dental staffer. We can use all the help we can get. Setup, breakdown, administration, translators, etc.

Dave

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No experience necessary to help huh.......well, I been considering taking up human dentistry some. I've helped knock the wolf teeth out of horses before. I suppose a flathead screwdriver will work on people too. Will we just sedate our patients n lay em in the floor or should I bring my own spinning lifting chair? Unless you've got an extry I could use. I could probably use some free dental work myself but my time is probably better spent helping others.
I've also got my own mouth holder opener contraption too. It'll work for the bigmouth types I suppose.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No experience necessary to help huh.......well, I been considering taking up human dentistry some. I've helped knock the wolf teeth out of horses before. I suppose a flathead screwdriver will work on people too. Will we just sedate our patients n lay em in the floor or should I bring my own spinning lifting chair? Unless you've got an extry I could use. I could probably use some free dental work myself but my time is probably better spent helping others.
I've also got my own mouth holder opener contraption too. It'll work for the bigmouth types I suppose.
I've seen days that I might have actually given you a call... :D

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I’ve extracted a few elk teeth (ivory’s) over the years with a couple wooden clubs. I’m in with ya. Teamwork and all that sort of thing.

Seriously, congrats to Ratski for doing this and those that really volunteer. [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

ratski

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For patient information, best source is: https://www.okmom.org/patients

The clinic opens at 5:00 a.m. each day
Courtesy Overnight Waiting begins at 10:00 p.m.

Basically, patients can start getting in line at 10PM on 1/31.
I think registration starts at 5:00AM and treatments start around 6:00AM

Dave

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I seen a guy on TV last night that was literally crying because he was able to receive dental treatment he was so emotional but yet happy. That is good that he appreciated the care so much!

Latest posts

Top Bottom