Front door was kicked in yesterday

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Danny, I'm not trying to fan the flames of paranoia, but when you are home, is there a vehicle parked outside? Otherwise, it's interesting that you are usually home on days like the day of the event, but weren't that day.

Just a question that might give you an indication that someone who is aware of your habits may have been somehow involved. I doubt it, and hope you are able to wrok through all the irritation that goes with stuff like this.

And remembr, it's just stuff. Glad you are okay, and glad you didn't have to take a life, because that would have changed yours, and not in a good way. Stay cool.

bigfug

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Our keypad doubles as a siren, which is loud and can be heard maybe in front of my house with the door shut, a couple of houses away maybe if the front door was open. We have an attic vent facing the road and I've thought about a siren mounted behind it, just got to figure a way to get it to work with my alarm (this wasn't an option when we had this alarm installed). After yesterday, I've discussed with my wife disabling the siren that way it may make the intruder feel like he has more time to "browse", which ultimately allows more time for the police to catch him.

It just requires a relay, as that's all mine took, the other option, is if its one of the systems that uses zwave or x10 technology is a wireless siren. Call your alarm company. Mine is Guardian, it was an upgrade they did, and at my request they came back out to integrate my old siren with that relay at no charge. I was adamant that I wanted the external siren.

bigkev84

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear that. I hate to hear news like this. One day they will be sorry when stepping into an OSA members house while they are at home!

Glad nothing happen to you by the way.

Latest posts

Top Bottom