funny interview "moments when I think, I wish I had a gun"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roadkill Coyote

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I should preface this by saying that when I'm driving around making deliveries at work, I tend to leave the radio on. I prefer news, not music or talk. The company car doesn't have XM, and the local selection is slim, so I often end up leaving it on the NPR station out of Stillwater.

So today I catch a section of an interview of Timothy Olyphant on Fresh Air, and the subject has come around to guns. The politics are obvious, but the hilarious part is where Timothy Olyphant obviously wants to call BS on what she's saying but can't do it without sinking what is obviously a friendly interview. The funny part can be found between 27:20 and 28:45.

peanut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I used to listen to NPR all the time.
I'm not so closed minded or a know it all and enjoy learning something every once in a while.
I actually enjoy silence in the car now.

Pugsley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it even occurred to her that he meant that he was sometimes in a situation where he wanted a gun for self-defence. The only thing that came to her mind was using a gun as a tool of aggression against those with whom she disagreed.

Pugsley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Never listened to NPR. Probably never will, but I guess if one wants to know what the other side thinks, it might be ok.

NPR does have two excellent shows - "Planet Money" and "This American Life". I'm not saying they are perfect or that I always agree, but they are very thought-provoking, well-produced shows.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think it even occurred to her that he meant that he was sometimes in a situation where he wanted a gun for self-defence. The only thing that came to her mind was using a gun as a tool of aggression against those with whom she disagreed.

A lot of us would think of her as a tool, using aggression against those with whom she disagreed. :(

mhphoto

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always thought it a little hypocritical for lefty actors to make millions off of acting in movies with lots of gunplay in them and then go around saying the world needs no guns.

Luckily he didn't sound too left on the subject.

Still one of my favorite shows.

Latest posts

Top Bottom