Further destruction of the middle class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
People like lurker seem to be running our public schools. This is why there is no right and wrong and 1+1 can equal whatever you feel like.

Not even close. I got an education to get educated. I didnt get an education to work for somebody else. I dont claim to know anything, but ill ask or pose questions to invoke rational thought or debate(Socratic method, btw).

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I hear oldtimers talk about when Wal-Mart had "made in America" stickers on the shelves, indicating that a product was from here. Sam Walton died, import tariffs died, American companies moved production overseas. Americans, in all their glorious stupidity continued to purchase foreign-made goods at the bargain prices. That effectively stopped production here, as domestic companies couldn't compete with Chinese kids making a pittance. NOW, the choices are much more limited, as those companies that produced here aren't around anymore.
Yes, the consumers made a choice. Yes, the laws that protected fair trade are gone, with "free trade" being the rallying cry for the neo-cons some years ago. Buchanan wrote some good pieces on it as it began, and Ron Paul has even addressed it.
When we were the industrial giant, and the world's biggest food producer, our import/export laws were much different.
You can argue that gov shouldn't protect us from our own bad choices, but the results are in, just look at all the manufacturing going on here vs "there".

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We did not plan to bankrupt ourselves, but we did. Now tell me again, how is it Walmart's fault that we built them into a giant? Walmart gave us what we demanded, cheap products at cheap prices. We didn't care that the customer service sucked and we didn't care that TG&Y, Anthony's and OTASCO were going belly up, because we were saving pennies and we could use those pennies to buy more cheap crap.

Walmart is king because we chose them.

Fortunately for Lowes and Home Depot Walmart wasn't interested in putting the home grown lumber yards, hardware stores and appliance stores out of business.

Don't blame corporations for the messes we make, own it, learn from it, prevent it from happening to what's left of Main Street.

WalMart is to blame because they have grown so powerful. Govt is to blame because it has grown so large. Anytime something disrupts the Nation or uses its power to influence Govt, it is to be blamed and held accountable.

We have a history that when something gets so powerful it causes harm to citizens, we rebel against that thing. Even a King learned that Lesson. But there were a bunch of ppl who defended the King. And the good guys won out.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
WalMart is to blame because they have grown so powerful. Govt is to blame because it has grown so large. Anytime something disrupts the Nation or uses its power to influence Govt, it is to be blamed and held accountable.

We have a history that when something gets so powerful it causes harm to citizens, we rebel against that thing. Even a King learned that Lesson. But there were a bunch of ppl who defended the King. And the good guys won out.

Ya know, if we would quit feeding the king he would starve to death. Do we really need Obama to tell us this?

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Do we really need a President or a house of Representatives? Id be Ok with Govornors, A national Senate and a 8 person Supreme court. A tie goes to the Defendant.

Why do you need the government to fix the problem. Can you not see the very sime solution that I have spelled out for you. DO NOT SHOP AT WALMART. LET THEM STARVE.

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Why do you need the government to fix the problem. Can you not see the very sime solution that I have spelled out for you. DO NOT SHOP AT WALMART. LET THEM STARVE.

Sure I see it. Starvation takes a long time. By taxing the junk they import, we can actually gain something. I think the death of walmart will be at the hands of the baby walmarts.....dollar general. Main Street and Mom n Pops can compete with Dollar Generals.

Latest posts

Top Bottom