Further destruction of the middle class

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You guys act like Walmart is the only place you can buy ****. Truth is that you can find much higher quality **** all over the place. Just not at one convenient location for cheap prices. I don't buy meat from walmart because my local grocer has much higher quality. It is more expensive but you get what you pay for. There is nothing that Walmart sells I can't get from a number of other retailers. Especially if I desire a higher quality product.

Cheap **** of all types in one location. That is walmarts schtick. You want higher quality ****, go to a store that sells it. They are out there. About the only thing I end up buying at Walmart is some groceries. The same brands I can get anywhere else but it is cheaper. I don't like the quality of their other **** so I go to sheplers for clothes and amazon for electronics or discount tire for tires.

The free market is what you hate.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
WalMart just recently made a commitment to spend an additional $250 billion dollars on USA made/manufactured/grown goods. That's a pretty good start, and I'd say they're listening to consumers who are asking them to support the American manufacturing industry.

The expenditure is over 10 years, so 25 billion dollars a year.

That's a pretty healthy chunk of change to inject into the "Made in the USA" market.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Manufacturing is slowely coming back now. Shipping cost are offsetting the cheap china labor rates. Also Chinese workers are starting to demand a better wage, they are learning whats going on with their Gov. and how they are exporting such cheap stuff to our nation of folks who make more than a buck an hour.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
WalMart just recently made a commitment to spend an additional $250 billion dollars on USA made/manufactured/grown goods. That's a pretty good start, and I'd say they're listening to consumers who are asking them to support the American manufacturing industry.

The expenditure is over 10 years, so 25 billion dollars a year.

That's a pretty healthy chunk of change to inject into the "Made in the USA" market.

That will be good if it happens, but then these fools will ***** about how expensive walmart is. Then they will go to dollar general and ***** about the cheap Chinese **** they sell there because they control the consumer purchase.

At least that is what I learned from lurker on OSA.

Lakenut

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Shootin is right on w the grocery store and local retailers in general. We used to shop wally wold for groceries till we got fed up with the awful cs and lines 30 min long at the checkouts. We switched to Crest. Awesome cs. Rarely do we ever wait more than 5 min in line. And the best thing is that we pay nearly the same as we did at wally.

Latest posts

Top Bottom