Gay marriage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Eagle Eye

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gentlemen, although I disagree with your theology, or lack thereof, I admire your resolve. I'm glad we all love children, at least we can agree on that. I'm at church and must get off of here for now. I accept your surrender. I'm joking. To surrender you must be in a war, and this internet thread does not qualify as that. I truly love you guys and I hope you and your families are well. Have a great night.

I call this good sportsmanship. Well done, Sir!
I too have **** to do. Hope the discussion was educational or entertaining at the least.

Shootin 4 Fun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nothing that the state should be worried about.

Edit: in a perfect world, that is, I know they want every scrap of info. They can get.

That was one of the big bitches from the gay community. Couples that had been together forever couldn't make medical decisions for each other.

TenBears

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It's about having an equal right... not having to work around it.

Medical directives/living wills are not considered working around anything. Everyone should have one, so there are no disagreements. when these are not in place there are disagreements between spouses, parents, children, etc. As a paramedic I would hate responding on someone who has been on their deathbed for months/years whatever, then they code right when I'm there and half the family is saying let them go and the other half is saying save them. With no will or directive, the law says I must treat and begin resuscitation. Luckily most terminal patients knew to have one but as is the case there were a few who didn't.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The point (again) is that not every person who opposes same sex unions is doing such based on religion.

Do you want to make every objection about same sex marriage to be about religious bias so you can bash people for their faith?

This bears repeating.....

You can't prove that secular argument came from an atheist. IF what you say is true then you should have multiple examples. If you conveniently feel that makes no difference then you don't understand bias and how it reflects upon what was initially said in this thread.

Read the link and what I said stands. I'm really believing you can't see the forest for the trees here as I laid it out quite simply.

My observations which are backed up by a lack of proof on your side have nothing to do with "bashing." It's just a reality that many religious people don't want to admit. Of course, history is filled with the same kind of hypocrisy.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Although I believe in the God of the Bible alone, I didn't specify which "god" this objective point of reference of morality was, but that without a "god" as the basis of good or evil, that there is no good or evil. Whether it be Islam, Christianity, Buddism or whatever, the concept of good and evil come from the moral laws of each respective religion and without such moral law, right or wrong is subjective to man's interpretation And yes, there have been some deplorable acts in the name of "Christianity", but they pale in comparison to the acts committed by secular atheistic regimes such as Hitler and Stalin.

I'm going to have to leave you with this theory of yours lol. Altruism is biological in it's foundation and that's quite easy to prove as there have been several cultures devoid of any of the major religions you described that have exhibited significantly higher levels of altruism relative to let's say.... christianity. Spirituality may promote it, but again, it doesn't have the monopoly because it choses to reinforce it, generally, out of manipulation.

Finally, Hitler didn't murder all those Jews by himself, a nation full of christians stood by and participated. Of course there are other historical examples, but that would fill up another thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom