Gay marriage

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

farmerbyron

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What is funnier or “funner than ___” as those with slight to moderate inbreeding down on the farm would say is that I you think I should agree with your mindless parroting of how gay marriage affects one. You want to build straw men and swing at windmills, take a cut but the effect is not the point. It is simply a tired deflection used years ago by the progressively challenged.

You just made my point. “ …The vast, vast majority of opposition any of us, including R K9, has seen has been religious in nature.” The point that I was making was that that there are some who do not use religion to fuel their bias. No doubt that the majority of people who are of some faith do oppose same sex marriage for reasons due to their religious beliefs. Saying that the majority does means (if you are not too terribly slow at math) that there is a minority (as in some people) that do not base their opposition on religion. That was the point I was making. Now, I could say that I apologize to you for thinking that you are not as dumb as you post but the reality is that you probably didn’t even realize that you made my point.

GMThunder contended (as a few others) that opposition is faith based. My point is that this is not entirely true. When someone is trying to frame an argument to be only about religion that is factually wrong it opens the door to religious bigotry.

If you wish to call me a “bigot” then you should be able to back that up. So why don’t you scroll back through the threads and share where I demonstrated any bigotry towards anyone that falls into the LGBT tribe? Will give you a ½ point credit if you say I am slightly bigoted towards whiny inbred farmers who give the old variety show “Hee Haw” a bad name. You want to call names? Man up and share where I demonstrated any bigotry to any LGBT person. Maybe you have an emoji that can express you taking a dump on this one?

Damn, must've gotten under your skin pretty bad to be tossing personal insults out there like that. I get it, you can't argue the merits of your position with logic so you resort to personal attacks. You should run for office. Your ability to dodge a direct question would make any politician envious. It's hilarious you call a question as simple as "Why do you oppose same sex marriage?" as a straw man while going off on a tangent about atheists opposing gay marriage. Thus creating the very damn definition of a straw man. IDK why I bother to engage in debate with dillusional posters.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I want you to say the word “lesbian”. Can you do that? Try … “LEZ be an”. Let me help you that. A “lesbian” is when a woman wants to be and/or is with another woman. Kind of different than when a man wants to be with another man as you are used to. To this and despite your puerile explanation of “butts” women have different body parts than men. And you are welcome for that teaching moment. .
Dammit, you outed me. I don't know how you did that.
I am a LEZ-b an.
That all I think of is the female body. Your quite the astute internet jockey to find that.
Transgendered of course, or at least think I am which makes it right in today's society.

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We both agree that not all people against it are religious.

That is the only point I was making.

Where we differ is I believe that is is largely because of the dogma created through religious teachings.

We don’t differ in the least. The only point I made was not all people disagree with gay/same sex marriage for religious reasons.

It feels like you are trying to stick on one simple point(it's not just religious people) to obfuscate further discussion(non-religious people have been influenced by the majority opinion so it is still somewhat religious anyways) or other points relevant to the broader conversation(how does it affect you personally)

I am not going to check your feelings for you. The only point that I repeatedly made was that not everyone who is against same sex marriage/unions is against such for religious reasons.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
http://rt.com/usa/271387-montana-polygamist-marriage-license/

Montana polygamist applies for marriage license, cites same-sex ruling

We just want to add legal legitimacy to an already happy, functional, strong, loving family,” he told KRTV. “We’re not even asking for acceptance. We’re just asking for tolerance. Let us live our lives together without fear.”

"My second wife Christine, who I'm not legally married to, she's put up with my crap for a lot of years. She deserves legitimacy," he added to AP.

think he deserves an answer,” Yellowstone County chief civil litigator Kevin Gillen told AP, before saying his review is finding that “the law simply doesn’t provide for that yet.”

Dammit, I might be polygamist too.
Two LES b Ian's (or more) might work for me. :D

MadDogs

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Damn, must've gotten under your skin pretty bad to be tossing personal insults out there like that.

You want to call me a “bigot”, fail to back up your shrill name calling up and now you are whining like a veterinary term for a female dog over my comments to you? Go eat a Snickers and then take two Midols.

I get it, you can't argue the merits of your position with logic ….

Acturally you do not “get it”. The problem is not my position but that you lack the capacity to understand what I said. I can’t color so I don’t know what else to tell you. Maybe you have a sober teenager in your home that can translate?

IDK why I bother to engage in debate …

If it is any consolation and makes you feel better before the Midol gives you a bump, you didn’t debate. You misstated my position and whined. Your posts were closer to onanism than debate.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Again, somewhere Jesus is laughing.

Or crying. Depends on which version of the bible and most other religions you believe in, if any. Personally I am waiting to see this tolerance the gay marriage supporters keep talking about. Is it only one way?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom