Gene Stipe Dies

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Stipe helped a ton of people in SE Oklahoma. He was very ill his last few years. Did they teach you to malign dead octogenarians in your 20+ years of working for various agencies?

So thats it.. you are a Stipe supporter.. should have known... explains a lot. You are defending a guy who ruined hundreds of people's lives & reputations, stole, took bribes and no telling what else...why, because.. " Stipe helped a ton of people in SE Oklahoma" and he is a dead octogenarian. Your current credibility credit limit just hit: 'OOO"! You've got no room to criticize anyone.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nope, not a Stipe supporter. Just don't believe in maligning the dead. Were you personally impacted by him in some ad erse way?

And really, what you think of my credibility is unimportant. Given your outlandish stories you are the last person to comment on credibility.

otis147

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
how does calling a thief and a liar a thief and liar qualify as an insult?:confused:

i met him once, in high school. we were at the capital on a field trip. he invited the class into his office. the air was thick with whiskey, and he was barely able to keep himself upright.

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Stipe helped a ton of people in SE Oklahoma. He was very ill his last few years. Did they teach you to malign dead octogenarians in your 20+ years of working for various agencies?

Given your attitude and tone, it's no wonder it was "various agencies", as opposed to a career at one...

Al Capone helped a lot of people in his day too. As for speaking ill of the dead, we do it all the time. We don't wax poetic on the virtues of Hitler, Stalin, Pol-Pot, etc. Jeffrey Dahmer isn't lauded for his culinary skills. I think it would be fair to say that if Mr. Stipe was at all concerned about what others thought of him in death, he'd have taken more care to guard his reputation while alive and well. It's not exactly a secret how he conducted his business in SEOK.

As for speaking of the dead, if y'all don't remember me as a magnificent a-hole when I go take a dirt nap, I'll be highly offended and come back to haunt you from the grave! :)

yukonjack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was just thinking the other day... what ever happened to Stipes? Now I know. If you looked in the 'Dictionary of Life' for a definition of a Crooked Politician... Stipes picure would be listed in bold color.

Who sits around and wonders about dead politicans in the middle of the night? Isn't their some kinda mall ninja catalog you could be browsing? Picking on dead people is just whack.

CAUSE BEATING A DEAD HORSE IS JUST FUN!!

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_beating_a_dead_horse_1.jpg

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Who sits around and wonders about dead politicans in the middle of the night? Isn't their some kinda mall ninja catalog you could be browsing? Picking on dead people is just whack.

CAUSE BEATING A DEAD HORSE IS JUST FUN!!

i31.photobucket.com_albums_c359_akbushcop_beating_a_dead_horse_1.jpg

You , JB & LighterningMcQueen, er Crash should also send your complaints to the Daily Oklahoman.. they might need a good laugh... you can tell them-- "Stipe helped a ton of people in SE Oklahoma. He was very ill his last few years. Did they teach you to malign dead octogenarians"!

Former Oklahoma State Sen. Gene Stipe dies at 85
By JOHN GREINER and RANDY ELLIS | Published: July 21, 2012 Oklahoman

Read more: http://newsok.com/former-oklahoma-state-sen.-gene-stipe-dies-at-85/article/3694504#ixzz21LTWk9C6

....... Political career ends

Stipe's political career came to an end in 2003 when he pleaded guilty to campaign violations and was forced to resign from the Oklahoma Senate and from the Oklahoma Bar Association. He served six-months home detention.

The campaign violations stemmed from his efforts to help a congressional candidate from McAlester who had little chance of winning.

The candidate Stipe helped was Walt Roberts, a former state legislator from McAlester, whom Stipe backed in the 1998 congressional campaign and had befriended often in the past.

The complaint revolved around money Roberts obtained from Stipe, but which he claimed came from the sale of cattle.

Roberts eventually pleaded guilty and agreed to cooperate with the investigation.

Stipe later pleaded guilty to charges that he funneled more than $245,000 into Walt Roberts' 1998 congressional campaign and then lied to federal investigators about the source of the money.

On Jan. 30, 2004, he was sentenced to six months home detention and fined $735,567.

Stipe, along with a brother, was indicted again in 2007 on allegations they used their positions to obtain $419,000 in state money for a McAlester dog food plant built on property owned by Stipe. He was found incompetent for legal proceedings.

Last edited:

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You , JB & LighterningMcQueen, er Crash should also send your complaints to the Daily Oklahoman.. they might need a good laugh... you can tell them-- "Stipe helped a ton of people in SE Oklahoma. He was very ill his last few years. Did they teach you to malign dead octogenarians"!

Good, I can feel your butthurt. I am defenseless. Take your weapon. Strike me down with all of your hatred and your journey towards the dark side will be complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom