Generators

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Absster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
We moved out of state before the last large tornado. The house we had built is gone now and my daughter would have been a 3rd grader at Plaza Towers at the time. When we moved back to Oklahoma last year, we didn't move back to Moore. Lived there my whole life and have seen too many.

Absster

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
OH and on subject-we have a generac 20kw that runs the whole house. It's hooked up to the gas line and just kicks on when we lose power. It's nice because if they skies sneeze at all where we live, our power seems to go out! Didn't realize we'd need it as much as we do. I felt bad though this last storm, out city was out and here we were with our Christmas lights still glowing!

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here is a closeup of the 2003 tornado path with my house in the frame.

The '99 and '03 weren't too close but plenty close enough. I was in commiefornia when the '99 hit and my co-workers were freaked plum out. They thought I was a little weird because I was just a little bit distracted listening to it on an internet stream (KATT) and making sure my wife and kids were in the cellar next door. Then I was unable to get through to anyone after it went through. When they came in the next day after seeing it on cable they were all like....

:yikes2::ooh2:

Holy SHITE MAN! How do you even live there?! No 'effin way I could deal with that shite! I said "Why not? I was making sure my wife and kids were taken care of 45 minutes before it hit. What warning did you get before the Northridge quake"? They said they'd take the quakes. lol They were totally unfamiliar with tornadoes in a real sense. 3 weeks later I was back home for a weekend and followed the path all the way across the city with my 35mm. They were in shock at the devastation and a lot of cleanup had occurred when I shot those pics.

2013 and 2015 were substantially closer. I did get in the cellar on one of those. There was another in 2015 I think where I videoed my neighbor's steel shed landing in my yard. I'm 'bout ready to move to the country...

Latest posts

Top Bottom