Glock 19 G3 or G4?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TallPrairie

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Back on thread topic:

Cannot stand the grip texture on the G4's or the Gen 4 billboard on the slide.

This is me too, but not as emphatic. I don't especially like em.

The Gen4 grip angle is better for people who dig M&Ps and 1911s. I've learned to like and expect the traditional steeper Glock grip angle so I prefer Gen3.

Gen4 is still a fine and serviceable firearm.

Huckelberry75

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
First and foremost, carry something that you will carry. So that means if the 43 is comfortable, that is the one to carry. As a pistol that is not comfortable to carry, your more apt to leave it behind.

A 43 with two extra mags is right there with a fine choice of a CCW. Hell, a 43 with just one mag is too. If I wore a belt every day, 7 days a week, then sure I would carry a 19 or 26. But I don't, I wear shorts the vast majority of time when it is not just freezing cold out! So I have to carry something that does not need a belt. Sounds to me you have figure out your 43 is it for you. My son in law recently went from a 19 to the 43 and couple mags, he also made his mags and mine to hold 7 instead of 6 with no added plates or cost. Good luck on your choice, either one you speak of is good to go, just get comfy.

What mods did he do to the mag? Been thinking about a 43 to replace my 30SF as my "daily driver"

uncle money bags

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gen4 mags have the mag release cut out on the left and right sides to facilitate swapping the mag release on gen4 frames. Other than that, they are interchangeable.

Jrmccarty512

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
In 1989 I purchased a used Gen 2 19 for $400. I just sold her last week 26 years later for the same $400. I went out a few days ago and purchased the Gen 4 19 and It came with 3 mags. From what I read, early Gen 4's had a pretty crappy trigger, but Glock has recently cleaned that up with a Dot Connector. I carry a Glock 23 Gen 3 .40 at work, and after firing the new Gen 4 19, The 19's trigger release feels more crisp, But I couldn't tell if it was heavier. Take up and reset seemed shorter to me.

Was thinking about doing a 25 cent trigger job, but I dunno.

I carry a g3 g30 and I couldn't either tell if the g4 g19 trigger was more crisp

rlongnt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I bough my 19 I picked up every Glock 19 2A had on their shelf to dry fire and pick the one with the best trigger, apx 8-9 pistols. When I handed over the one I wanted, the gentleman asked me if I wanted a gen 3? No I wanted a gen 4 but that was an eye-opener. Out of all that I tried one gen 3 snuck in my pile and it felt noticeably better. I also admit that because it was larger in the grip, that alone could make it feel better "to me" I still bought the gen 4 because I have gorilla like hands and wanted the large backstrap.

Latest posts

Top Bottom