Glock 30 Vs 36

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ldmtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been making the same calculation between the 30 and the 36. There is quite a bit of internet lore that says the 36 is not as reliable as the rest of the Glock family. Most of the horror stories, however, are from years ago. I wonder if anyone on the board has a recently built 36 and could comment on the reliability of their model 36?

Bought my 36 in March 2010. About 500 rounds thru it with zero issues.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How do you plan on carrying?
I tried to carry a G30 in a CTAC, but it felt like a brick. Traded for a G36 and am happy. A little difference in thickness makes a big difference.

BTW- G36 Absolutely reliable and can use an adapted Glock extended slide release, if desired.

1911Sooner

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was facing the same decision a few months back. After holding both the G36 just didn't feel like a real Glock to me. I bought the G30sf and don't regret it one bit. Holds ten rounds, you can get 9 round flush mags, G21 mags, and also convert it to 10mm. Very versatile and my most accurate handgun.

WhiteyMacD

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have been making the same calculation between the 30 and the 36. There is quite a bit of internet lore that says the 36 is not as reliable as the rest of the Glock family. Most of the horror stories, however, are from years ago. I wonder if anyone on the board has a recently built 36 and could comment on the reliability of their model 36?

As others have said, the reliability issues with the 36 are non-existant,.. well at least with the Gen3. 1000s of rounds through mine without failure.

Thanks for the replies, i am leaning more towards the 30sf at this point, i have bigger hands so it would fit me a little bit better, and i agree with the above comment, i can use my 21 mags in it.

The 36 with factory mag will more than accomodate your hands if you feel the 30 accomodates your hand.

Both have an overall height of 4.76", length of 6.77". Line of sight is longer on the G36, and is lighter fully loaded by 6oz.

So if you are only getting the 30sf because of your big hands,... that would be the wrong decision.

Latest posts

Top Bottom