GLOCK armorers course

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Crusader8207

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As a GSSF member I have the ability to take the GLOCK armorers course and become a certified GLOCK armorer. I took it today at the Pryor PD. I was 1 of 2 non LEO's taking the class and had a great time. I learned a lot and now can officially replace worn parts under warranty on GLOCK firearms. In addition, I get to buy 2 GLOCKs at LEO prices. Definitely a great way to spend a day off.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I've been through the course and re-certified three times. Every Instructor I've had was great and seemed very knowledgeable. And, you get to take some good material home with you. What's the latest gossip from the class about new products?

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
How much does a armorers class cost to take these days? I had a chance 15 yrs ago and passed it up because I didn't think I could afford it.. but I'd sure take it now that I own 3 of them. What kind of tools do you end-up with?

mkivbb

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
yeah this would be a cool thing to do. how much is the course and do you have to be anyone special to take it?

Crusader8207

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
as a GSSF member the cost is $195 and your certification is good for 3 years. The GSSF membership is $35 a year or $60 for 3 years. On the GLOCK website is the training schedule and gives you all of the classes that are available for the year. I think there might be one coming up in Tulsa soon.

I regards to gossip, he basically said no single stack 9 any time soon, no rifle, and certainly no 1911 version. The instructor was Steve Dryer who works for GLOCK full-time and is a part time LEO in Texas. The class was great and I learned a whole lot.

supercopjason

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
No, I wasn't. Got loaned out to work with them when they were short handed quite a bit though.
Oh I just retired CATM and with your comments I figured you were family.

Any armorers course is a nice thing to have and if you go the way of a gunsmith it is wonders to add to your resume. Even though it means very little in terms of your overall skills it seems like everywhere I interviewed just wanted to discuss my armorer certifications. They could have cared less I was trained by the military or apprenticed under good smiths they just wanted to put a sticker on the door.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh I just retired CATM and with your comments I figured you were family.

Any armorers course is a nice thing to have and if you go the way of a gunsmith it is wonders to add to your resume. Even though it means very little in terms of your overall skills it seems like everywhere I interviewed just wanted to discuss my armorer certifications. They could have cared less I was trained by the military or apprenticed under good smiths they just wanted to put a sticker on the door.

I was and I wasn't. I was loaned out so much that the Major in charge of CATM at the time awarded me a Red Hat and said that I was "one of them". The other Red Hats after his little ceremony let me know quickly that I wasn't. The only time I wore it was when I was actually at the range. Any other time I wore my beret.

Latest posts

Top Bottom