Glock or Sig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Would you choose a Glock or Sig for carry?

• Total voters

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sig for life.

Never owned a Glock, shoot them when given a chance but I have not found one, besides a 10mm that I would actually purchase/trade for.

I took all the nurses from my wife's office to H&H 2 years ago and most of them had some experience but none of them carried enough to be comfortable. We rented the latest Glock, HK, 2 different Sig's and another polymer gun but can't recall which one, maybe a FNP.

At the end of the day, all of the nurses wanted to keep shooting the HK and Sig. The Glock was deemed too girly for the ladies and a tad bit new school.

The HK's, well who doesn't love a good HK and the Sig pistols stole the show that day.

I own (or have owned) a P250, P2022, P226 MK25 (recently traded), P6 (I miss this one) and a couple that are escaping me right now.

That P2022 is my garage gun and really THE gun I hope I can get to first, if I have to ever defend this house. It is so sloppy I can break it down with one hand.

I traded a .300 blackout stripped upper, that I bought online from a store in Dallas for less than $120, to a used car salesman at a Cadillac dealership in Norman that had posted on OSA looking for an upper offering the P2022 as a straight trade.

He told me he was very unhappy with the pistol, I met him at the dealership and laughed all the way to the bank. (Sorry salesguy, not sorry...my only car lot happy story I have)
I own Colts, Sigs, Glocks and HK, etc.. My question is: What is a Girly Glock? Do us Civilians and LEO's carry Girly Glocks and with the Glock19 I have read has sold more than any other pistol in the U.S. with most Law Enforcement Agencies being armed with Glocks. I have carried my Colt LW Combat Commander for most of my life. That being said, I like my HK USPC except for the mag release which takes some getting used to. I agree with Duncandl about the P6 which I paid $250. when market was full of them and I wish I had it back though my Sig 225 kind of makes up for it. I have two G19's, a G17 and just purchased a G43X which I really like because of it's size and it's lightweight. Nice carry gun with three mags to offset High Cap ones. I still don't know why people want 20-22 round mags unless it is in twenty or 22 two caliber.

Duncandl

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I own Colts, Sigs, Glocks and HK, etc.. My question is: What is a Girly Glock? Do us Civilians and LEO's carry Girly Glocks and with the Glock19 I have read has sold more than any other pistol in the U.S. with most Law Enforcement Agencies being armed with Glocks. I have carried my Colt LW Combat Commander for most of my life. That being said, I like my HK USPC except for the mag release which takes some getting used to. I agree with Duncandl about the P6 which I paid $250. when market was full of them and I wish I had it back though my Sig 225 kind of makes up for it. I have two G19's, a G17 and just purchased a G43X which I really like because of it's size and it's lightweight. Nice carry gun with three mags to offset High Cap ones. I still don't know why people want 20-22 round mags unless it is in twenty or 22 two caliber.
I don't recall why they all jumped on the "Girly" label, I was up on the shooting line most of the evening and didn't get the chance to actually share with them what I liked, I wish we could have rented the 10mm Glock but no luck that night. If I had to bet why they said it was "girly" it would probably be something to do with how simple it was to operate and how it felt plastic compared to the other guns we chose.

Personally, I have not shot enough of the Glock pistols to form an opinion other than I own most of the others and don't typically put other guns in my hands except when we had to rent enough for all of the nurses/staff. So I guess it could be out of convenience that I don't desire a Glock, I dang sure don't claim that they are not an effective firearm and from what I hear extremely reliable which is the most important thing in my life.

I apologize if you thought I was calling or leading the ladies into labeling it a Girly Gun, it certainly doesn't care who pulls the trigger or gets hit by a boy or girl bullet, lol.

Hope that helps.

JuanGrande62221

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a S&W M&P R8 for duty, but carried a p226 for many years. I own a couple of Glocks (19, 45, 40) and a couple of sigs (226 in 9, 226 in 40, p365, and p320 xfive legion). Glocks work and are good guns, but in my opinion, sig beats them 99% of the time.

Sooner67

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Tough choice and I shoot both .But a nice German Sig is hard to beat.

IMG_3205.jpg

HarryBear

HB
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I figure Glocks are the work horse and SIG is the safe queen. I could be wrong I have seen some pretty beat up sigs though. Might buy both.