God i hate thieves.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kilroy65

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can relate. My father passed away back in Feb. 2009 and his house in Del City was broken into earlier this year. Thieves took his Stoeger Luger, H&K revolver and a Browning rifle with scope. The Browning rifle was brand spanking new. He bought it back in the early 80's. Gave a report to the Po Po with serial numbers, but to no avail. Still waiting to hear from the detective.

hipshot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That sucks man !! But keep the faith that you will get them back, I had one stolen in Amarillo 9 yrs ago and got it back in February of this year! It does happen! Also if you'll get a list together we can watch for them at our gunshop and at gunshows.

AdvantageR1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry to hear about your stuff getting stolen.

I like the idea of the sensor in the safe.

A tip that I learned last year is to either cut your garage door emergency pull cord short with no handle or cut off all together. That is one way they are able to get into your garage.

NightShade

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Really sucks to hear. . . If you are going to do a surveillance system I would recommend using IP camera's. . . you run one cable put a rj45 on the end and power goes to the camera through the same cable. The camera's generally mount flush so to cut the cable they have to rip the whole thing down and they also are generally PTZ camera's. I use www.ispyconenct.com the camera's hook to a standard ethernet switch and the computer that acts as a server just grabs the video from there. They can be set to only record on motion and YOU get to choose how long they will record. It's a little more costly than the setups from Sams club or places that sell a whole package but if you want more than a couple camera's this will be much more capable. You can put them inside the house pointed towards doors, windows, whatever and also view the system from anywhere internet is available.

And if people are wanting to look into something like this I will be more than willing to help out, cheap.

For Serial numbers and other information on your weapons take a look at www.mygundb.com The free version doesn't let you do as much as the paid one but you can sync to dropbox from within the app and if you don't mind paying a couple bucks I know there is an android version as well.

Print off a list of the weapons and serial numbers and TAKE THEM to EVERY pawn shop near you. Have friends take them as well. . . Hell I am sure some people here wouldn't mind dropping them off around other area's too. If nearly every shop within 150 miles has the info they will have no where to go. I would not rely on the police to do the legwork. . . it's not that they may not care but don't have the time/manpower to do it.

cheese79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry its been a crazy weekend. still working on getting the serial numbers but its tough. I haven't looked at most of these after my dad passed and wow the emotional attachment to some of them was way stronger than I had ever thought. broke down Saturday night for about an hour..... I had not felt like that in a long long time. it is an older Remington fire proof safe. still have no idea how they got into it. like I have said it is possible that I left it unlocked but it would be the first time in over 20 years that I have done that but I guess there is a first time for everything. I have hit just about every pawn shop that I can think of looking but still no luck. if yall would keep your eyes out for a Italian made weatherby MK XXII and a ruger red label 12 gauge. you can pm me for serials on those. those are the ones that hurt the worse I think.
I don't know if it is a good idea to post all of the serial numbers here or not. not real sure how all of that works. oh and if you ever wondered state farm sees walking liberty and morgan silver dollars as just that.... 1 dollar each. ha

Latest posts

Top Bottom