Going to the Tinker Commissary and PX ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JEVapa

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
If you live on base in private quarters there are provisions for registering POFs with the SF and either keeping them in your private quarters are storing them on base, depending on the installation.

But Joe Citizen who just travels on base? I don't think that's the case. I've never heard of an installation allowing possession of a firearm on base by civilians other than police officers on duty.
The three circumstances I run into are the range, training, or hunting. 9 outta 10 when I do training, it's on a range or in a classroom adjacent to the range.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good information to know. I'm eligible to go on military bases, but typically well armed.
As we travel across the country, I've thought of shopping at one of the bases but never have. In my day on active duty, they didn't give a crap how many firearms you had on you or in your vehicle. This has been a very informative thread.

leemozoid

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
TINKER AIR FORCE BASE, Okla. --
The state law that allows Oklahomans to have a concealed-carry permit has absolutely no bearing on Tinker.

The law, signed by Oklahoma Gov. Mary Fallin in 2012, is a state mandate and not a federal regulation, so it has no bearing on Tinker, a Department of Defense property.

"It is illegal to bring a firearm or other dangerous weapons into a federal installation," said Tech. Sgt. Rob Briggs, 72nd Security Forces Squadron non-commissioned officer in charge of police services.

As part of the Tinker Integrated Defense Plan 31-101, "No person shall carry a concealed firearm or dangerous weapon on Tinker AFB. This prohibition also applies to individuals with state concealed firearms licenses as these permits have no authority on federal installations. Such licenses are not valid on any part of Tinker AFB."

The exception is for 72nd SFS personnel, Air Force Office of Special Investigation agents and civilian police personnel on official business.

The installation commander has the authority to restrict privately-owned weapons on the installation.

"The reason for base restriction is not to take away anyone's right to bear arms, but to ensure the safety of everyone living and working on the installation," said Sergeant Briggs.

Civilians violating the law will be cited by Security Forces or local law enforcement, and their case will be heard in a downtown Oklahoma City magistrate court.

https://www.tinker.af.mil/News/Arti...nceal-and-carry-law-doesnt-pertain-to-tinker/
Same for POs and all PO properties. Grrrrr.

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The base commander at Hurlburt Field Florida a couple of years ago authorized open carry by assigned personnel. Hurlburt is adjacent to Eglin AFB, Ft Walton Beach.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with a very nice and helpfull gal at the VA in OKC in the "Eligibility Dept." and she said that the info I was given is correct and that I had two options.....I could either drive up and get a new picture taken for my new card or she could have a new card printed with the "Service Connected" notation on it using my old picture and I told her to just use my old picture for now and when my current card expires in Feb. 2025 I'd drive up and get a new picture taken at that time. She then told me that the card will probably come sooner but if I didn't have it by Oct. 15th to give her a call.
Received my new VA card today with the 'Service Connected" noted on it just eight days after I requested it.......A big thumps up to the VA.

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Received my new VA card today with the 'Service Connected" noted on it just eight days after I requested it.......A big thumps up to the VA.
If you enjoy a little hooch now and then, I highly suggest going to the class 6. It’s in the gas station, next to Burger King and inside the gas station. I bought a bottle of my favorite nice scotch, Talisker 10 year, for a mere $67 out the door. Anywhere I find it around town it runs $85-93. Lots of great prices in there for sure.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't AF bases have a sign that says vehicles subject to search at random? McConnel AFB did and my truck was always picked out "at random".

HoLeChit

Here for Frens
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't AF bases have a sign that says vehicles subject to search at random? McConnel AFB did and my truck was always picked out "at random".
They all do now, but the searches depend upon the threat level. Sometimes it’s random, with a quota of searches per shift, or every 2nd or third car, or mandatory every car search. In my short stint doing gate duty, we would get bored and when we had to pick cars to search, we would pick themes to go by for the day. For example: everybody with mustaches, or white cars, morons who don’t have their ID’s out, maybe every wise guy with a joke would get searched that day.

Latest posts

Top Bottom