Good First Aid Kit?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So far my experience with commercial kits is that they are overpriced and stuffed with filler items.

Tactical Medical Solutions puts some good stuff together, but be ready to pay. Even with the high end kits you could end up with stuff that doesn't really fit your skill set....IV accessories are cool, but if you have no idea how to start an IV or what type of IV the casualty needs (saline, lactated ringers etc...) you can do more harm than good...like actually killing the casualty.

I've had better luck building my own kit. I stock items to cover the basics of controlling/stopping bleeding, preventing infection, and easing pain....and go from there.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'd rather build a custom kit for my needs. Like said earlier a lot of the store bought kits have lots of filler junk. It's like buying a 25 piece tool set and most of the pieces are allen wrenches and other junk.

The most important thing is to not get things that exceed YOUR level of training.

Latest posts

Top Bottom