good gun range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rvan

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gunworld has a pretty short list of calibers they will let you shoot in there. When they told me I couldn't shoot my AK because someone had snuck some steel core rounds in there, I asked if they would consider selling me some rounds that they approve. They got pretty rude with me and so I don't grace thier door anymore.

The steel core rounds are a problem with steel targets and people shooting the .22 and pistol targets with rifles! the steel targets are expensive. not saying they should get rude but up keep is a lot of work and cost. just my 2 cents.

Weatherby

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The steel core rounds are a problem with steel targets and people shooting the .22 and pistol targets with rifles! the steel targets are expensive. not saying they should get rude but up keep is a lot of work and cost. just my 2 cents.

I didn't have steel core rounds. Guilty by association, if you shoot an AK, it's your fault. The rudeness was unjustified.

skruball253

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, again I seriously doubt the same person works there anymore. Myself, and the other guy that works there we pride our-selfs on our customer service. So, I assure you the rudeness whoever it may have been is GONE!! Ok next thing, calibers allowed at Gunworld's range....

Rifles up to a 30-30
No High velocity without being frangible
All pistols (we have a customer shoot a 500 S&W quite frequently)
shotguns.

Any other questions, comments, concerns about GW?

gunnut

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The last time I walked into GunWorld they wanted to charge me their highly insane $14 (maybe it was $12... been a bit) as a hourly rate to use the range. The previous dozen times or so I shot there, I would get charged per session, but I walked in, was explained the fee to use the range was always an hourly rate - but that it's rarely enforced. Seems like BS to me... I was to be only the 3rd shooter in the range. Needless to say, I've taken my shooting to other less expensive ranges that have policies that let me shoot for as long as I want to for less without the BS.

skruball253

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
$14.00 per person unlimited time. I'll tell ya the same thing tomorrow. Alot of the things from the past that has given GW a really bad reputation are gone. Prices can still be up there on some things, but there are things that can be done.

N3TD3ViL

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Happy Hollow. Don is the owner. Nice guy. I've been there more times than I can count. His range goes out to 200. No rapid fire or draw from the holster but he has benches for some precision work. His range is $10 per day.

Can anyone tell me if a hunting license is required to use the Happy Hollow range?

***EDIT*** A hunting license is not required for the Happy Hollow range.

N3TD3ViL

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I just returned from Happy Hollow and was somewhat less than impressed. I guess the website should've been the first indication about the range.

I drove my 'Stang and after another good, hard rain...there won't be a chance of a car getting down in there.

I was also taken aback by the rudeness of the owner, enough so that I won't be returning. I would rather pay extra for nicer facilities and polite staff.

As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for.

Latest posts

Top Bottom