good gun range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chopper

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Havent been to gun world in a couple of years. I like the facility but the attitudes were on the ****** side. Since I live in Midwest City its closerthan H-H so might give it a try again.

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Havent been to gun world in a couple of years. I like the facility but the attitudes were on the ****** side. Since I live in Midwest City its closerthan H-H so might give it a try again.

ha ha i go in once in awhile for a laugh at prices. i offered some counterperson like 900 for a steyr tmp 9mm like 2 years ago. needless to say the pistol is still sitting there on the shelf...

as far as ranges go, is it common practice to go down by the river off i-44 on the way to lawton?

twixshaw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Banner road wont let you shoot shotguns....he hates em and will kick you out if you try to sneak em in...I've seen him do it! Other than that you can shoot from .22 to 50BMG.

spyglass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And speaking of Banner, that has really gone downhill the last few yrs. I started going there about '90 or thereabouts, and it was good....target stands solid, brass policed up, weeds kept under control, decent chairs, sandbags and the office was clean, organized and all kinds of pickup brass was available for almost nothing. Then didn't shoot for quite a while and started again last winter. Really a disappointment. And the fee went up to $8 (which I guess still isn't bad....)

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just returned from Happy Hollow and was somewhat less than impressed. I guess the website should've been the first indication about the range.

I drove my 'Stang and after another good, hard rain...there won't be a chance of a car getting down in there.

I was also taken aback by the rudeness of the owner, enough so that I won't be returning. I would rather pay extra for nicer facilities and polite staff.

As the old adage goes, you get what you pay for.

I've used their range several times and never seen Don be rude to anyone. And some deserved to be rude to. Now granted, the parking area and road to it isn't made for fancy cars and limos, but truck (which most shooters have) have no problem at all. And for $10.00 a day to shoot ($5.00 to shoot 25 clays) it's pretty decent. A country club it isn't. But it works.

MWC101

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like every time I get in this forum I read someone busting the Gun World folks chops. I have been going there since they opened. I have always enjoyed the range as well as visiting with the staff. I enjoy being able to run over there during lunch, launching some rounds, sweeping up my brass and getting on down the road. There have been some turnover in employees but I have never had a problem with the staff, or the price for utilizing their lanes. Get off their backs! if you don't like them, don't use them. The rest of you guys that are looking for a good range, give them a try. Beats the long drive from east to west.:tounge:

saltydecimator

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seems like every time I get in this forum I read someone busting the Gun World folks chops. I have been going there since they opened. I have always enjoyed the range as well as visiting with the staff. I enjoy being able to run over there during lunch, launching some rounds, sweeping up my brass and getting on down the road. There have been some turnover in employees but I have never had a problem with the staff, or the price for utilizing their lanes. Get off their backs! if you don't like them, don't use them. The rest of you guys that are looking for a good range, give them a try. Beats the long drive from east to west.:tounge:

most people i assume share their stories (good bad and indifferent) so that others wont get "cheated"...but ya what you suggested is capitalism at its finest. i just dont see how they could still be in business with the prices they charge on guns. thats where warning people comes into play. i feel bad when someone drastically overpays, tells me about it like they are happy, and i just have to shake my head...

skruball253

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
most people i assume share their stories (good bad and indifferent) so that others wont get "cheated"...but ya what you suggested is capitalism at its finest. i just dont see how they could still be in business with the prices they charge on guns. thats where warning people comes into play. i feel bad when someone drastically overpays, tells me about it like they are happy, and i just have to shake my head...

My question to everyone is what do ya'll think is fair price over dealer cost for a gun? And keep in mind you gotta keep the light on somehow. Input?

Latest posts

Top Bottom