Good Lord it's hot ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

_CY_

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it's not our imagination... 2nd or 3rd hottest June on record

--------

The tremendous early summer heat accelerated the drought’s eastward progress. The statewide average temperature for the month thus far stands at 82.7 degrees, which would be high enough to rank as the third warmest June on record in Oklahoma. The warmest June goes to 1953 at 84.6 degrees with 1911 coming in second at 83.3 degrees. High temperatures across the state during June averaged 95.7 degrees through the 22nd, 8.6 degrees above normal. The average high temperature in southwestern Oklahoma came in at 101 degrees during that period. The Oklahoma Mesonet station at Grandfield has recorded a high temperature of at least 100 degrees 20 times during June with a statewide high temperature of 114 degrees on the 17th.

http://climate.ok.gov/index.php/site/page/news/

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
BadgeBunny, I think my wife - an avid gardener - is going to be in for a real shock/disappointment. She has a beautiful garden in Valdosta - I don't see how she can recreate it here unless she wants to go for the rock garden/desert cactus look.

Don't lose hope; even though it's not normally near this bad in June, my squash plants are producing squash like crazy, and my cantaloupe and watermelon plants are vining all over the place, with tons of blooms. Some stuff just shrugs this off.

Latest posts

Top Bottom