Good Lord it's hot ...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have people coming tomorrow to seal my duct work and will have the air conditioning off most of the day. It is not supposed to be this hot in June.

I'm not sure it's supposed to be this hot in hell.

I'm not a "hot weather" person, so this sucks big time. Can't wait for August.:puke:

Last edited:

Hobbes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope it doesn't stay this hot and dry all the way through August. If it does, we are all in trouble.

What I'm most concerned about is the drought.
Yesterday, I ran the well dry trying to keep things watered so I guess that's going to stop now.
And the farmers lost most of their crop this Spring because it was dry and now they will lose their 2nd crop of the year.
Bad for them and bad for us because food will go up some more.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am one of those who happen to love the heat----it's the dang wind that bothers me

I don't remember it blowing this hard when I was growing up

Now, I have to go take a nap in the pool! :)

OKIE-CARBINE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
it seems like i can remember back about 20-25 years ago that it was hotter than hell one summer. like 117 type stuff in altus. we would routinely be the hottest place in the whole country. we have been getting close lately.

but this wind...dont ever remember it this bad for so long. we should all put up some windmills.

Dale00

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Humidity is the killer. It's like the exponent on top of the temperature. Thirty eight percent humidity today. Deserts are better.
asclick.net_cool_20gadgets_cool_fun_gadget_gifts_ideas_toys_00d5ba408cf4eba451191d5d0341c21b73.jpg

1shott

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
it seems like i can remember back about 20-25 years ago that it was hotter than hell one summer. like 117 type stuff in altus. we would routinely be the hottest place in the whole country. we have been getting close lately.

but this wind...dont ever remember it this bad for so long. we should all put up some windmills.

Summer of 1980, I was hauling hay that summer, a real killer that summer was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom