Goodbye Private Dancer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've been considering becoming a dual citizen elsewhere, not because I dislike America but for financial reasons. I can live in Ecuador like a king for a third of what I pay to live here and I dont live like a king here.
Maybe get repeated 90 day Visas and then come back for a month and go back.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Like was said earlier, she didn't like how America was turning, so instead of pissing and moaning about it, she left. Something a whole bunch of lefty libs need to do.
Yes - as I said, put her money where her mouth was.

I like the rest of the "I'm leaving if...." crowd; not only do they never go, they always threaten to go to lilly-white Canada, rather than Mexico. Why is that?

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yes - as I said, put her money where her mouth was.

I like the rest of the "I'm leaving if...." crowd; not only do they never go, they always threaten to go to lilly-white Canada, rather than Mexico. Why is that?
You know the answer to that one.

And TT chose Switzerland over Liberia...go figure.

OKRuss

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We disagree. I have no respect for those who abandon their country.
what I read is that she met/married a german born guy who resides in Switzerland. In order to own land in Switzerland, you have to be citizens. Maybe, just maybe, she didn't abandon her country and instead chose to live out her remaining life with someone she loved in Switzerland? how awful of her to do that!

That said, if somewhere she's quoted as bashing the US and why she moved then I'd like to read it. Not that I don't trust what everyone says on OSA.

KOPBET

Duck of Death
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
what I read is that she met/married a german born guy who resides in Switzerland. In order to own land in Switzerland, you have to be citizens. Maybe, just maybe, she didn't abandon her country and instead chose to live out her remaining life with someone she loved in Switzerland? how awful of her to do that!

That said, if somewhere she's quoted as bashing the US and why she moved then I'd like to read it. Not that I don't trust what everyone says on OSA.

I'm not talking about moving to another country. I'm talking about renouncing her US citizenship. Was that to allow her to live out her remaining live with someone she loved?

ETA: apparently it have something to do with an oath to Swedish citizenship. I stand corrected.

Last edited:

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not talking about moving to another country. I'm talking about renouncing her US citizenship. Was that to allow her to live out her remaining live with someone she loved?

ETA: apparently it have something to do with an oath to Swedish citizenship. I stand corrected.
Wish they'd do that here - NO dual citizenship. That would weed out some of the troublemakers.

trbii

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When you bring up Tina taking her money and moving to Switzerland, it occurs to me that the IRS can’t ding her every year for making a profit, then spend it on boondoggles, programs she doesn’t support. Heard a report that she was suffering from a long time illness. Available health care in Zurich couldn’t help a 83 year old millionaire (ess)? No high tech magical cures for,,,, whatever it was.

Latest posts

Top Bottom