Goodbye Private Dancer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm not talking about moving to another country. I'm talking about renouncing her US citizenship. Was that to allow her to live out her remaining live with someone she loved?

ETA: apparently it have something to do with an oath to Swedish citizenship. I stand corrected.
You talk about someones spelling and grammar. What is up with your's?

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wish they'd do that here - NO dual citizenship. That would weed out some of the troublemakers.
I'm not sure how you can "Renounce and abjure absolutely and entirely all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty of whom or which the applicant was before a subject or citizen" (8 USC 1448) and remain a citizen of a foreign country.

FWIW, here's the Naturalization Oath of Allegiance to the United States of America, taken from
https://www.uscis.gov/citizenship/l...of-allegiance-to-the-united-states-of-america
I hereby declare, on oath, that I absolutely and entirely renounce and abjure all allegiance and fidelity to any foreign prince, potentate, state, or sovereignty, of whom or which I have heretofore been a subject or citizen; that I will support and defend the Constitution and laws of the United States of America against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; that I will bear arms on behalf of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform noncombatant service in the Armed Forces of the United States when required by the law; that I will perform work of national importance under civilian direction when required by the law; and that I take this obligation freely, without any mental reservation or purpose of evasion; so help me God.

Latest posts

Top Bottom