Goodbye Private Dancer...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When you bring up Tina taking her money and moving to Switzerland, it occurs to me that the IRS can’t ding her every year for making a profit, then spend it on boondoggles, programs she doesn’t support. Heard a report that she was suffering from a long time illness. Available health care in Zurich couldn’t help a 83 year old millionaire (ess)? No high tech magical cures for,,,, whatever it was.
The US is one of the few, and possibly the only, nation that requires its citizens to pay Federal income taxes regardless of where they live, even if they haven't set foot on US soil in years. The only way around it is to renounce your citizenship--and even then, IIRC, they make you pay an exit fee.

This was big news a few years ago when some super wealthy American ex-pats were renouncing their citizenship.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good. Grief.

Can we just let the dead lady rest in peace?

I wasn’t a fan, but damn guys.

I 2nd the motion. Celebs come and go, but Tina was one of those that really hit me kinda hard. Others that really rocked me when they passed were...

John Wayne
John Belushi
John Candy
Richard Pryor
Farrah Fawcett
Kurt Cobain
Robert B. Parker

Last edited:

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Notable list, I second it.

I'm sure I probably missed a couple. But these are the ones I grew up on and kinda molded and patterned my life around.

Except Farrah, of course. She was just smokin' hawt!

farrah-fawcett-red-swimsuit-bruce-mcboom.jpg

Cold Smoke

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sure I probably missed a couple. But these are the ones I grew up on and kinda molded and patterned my life around.

Except Farrah, of course. She was just smokin' hawt!

View attachment 380549
That poster was a litmus test for a generation. The gal might have died crazy, but she was something else outta the blocks.

Chuckie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always have great respect for Carol Burnett who, along with Tim Conway, Harvey Korman, and Vicki Lawrence always put on great shows that were good clean fun for the entire family, including kids - no cussing, no off-color jokes, no sexually explicit conduct, no racism, and no politics. This also [seems] to include her personal life as well.

okcBob

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The US is one of the few, and possibly the only, nation that requires its citizens to pay Federal income taxes regardless of where they live, even if they haven't set foot on US soil in years. The only way around it is to renounce your citizenship--and even then, IIRC, they make you pay an exit fee.

This was big news a few years ago when some super wealthy American ex-pats were renouncing their citizenship.
Not sure TT “renounced” her citizenship. I believe her US citizenship was automatically relinquished as a requirement to become a Swiss citizen.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always have great respect for Carol Burnett who, along with Tim Conway, Harvey Korman, and Vicki Lawrence always put on great shows that were good clean fun for the entire family, including kids - no cussing, no off-color jokes, no sexually explicit conduct, no racism, and no politics. This also [seems] to include her personal life as well.

Yup. Carol Burnett is a class act.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Not sure TT “renounced” her citizenship. I believe her US citizenship was automatically relinquished as a requirement to become a Swiss citizen.
I'm not saying anything about her specifically, I was just responding to the part about not having the IRS take your money if you're overseas.

Latest posts

Top Bottom