GOP leaders: Anti-immigration stance hurts party

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I guess the turmoil is good for the Dems.

Lets look back at 2008.

I think that Huckaby lost the primary to McCain solely because of McCain's stellar military service, because there wasn't a nickel's worth of difference between them on policy. But Huckaby was a pretty good governor so it was really a wash between them. The only one that was truly honest was Paul and he was just unelectable. Most of the GOP probably agreed with 85% of his policies, BTW.

But the entire electable field of candidates had Repubs trying to "out democrat the democrats".

And then the moderate demos were trying to "out republican the republicans". They won. But we saw Pelosi whip them like step children so it will be interesting to see if the voters remember that. I'm betting they won't, that the MSM will brainwash them again. It's just sickening if you ask me. If the GOPs want to run like moderate democrats we will either vote them out in the primaries or they will be whipped in the general. Again...So yes it would seem that you are right.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So the basis of this is an article that is alluding towards the Republican Party abandoning their ideology and base to gain/retain power and votes.....what else is new? It's one reason I've gravitated away from them, and want a 3rd party.

Reaction score
Praytell, what is a "compassionate solution" to the millions of ILLEGALS here, Mr. Cornyn? My guess is that is code for some form of amnesty, which is a slap in the face and the most uncompassionate thing you could think of, to those who immigrated here legally, those who are currently trying to do so, and those who have been unable to do so, despite trying hard through legal means. It's the details of the policy adopted that matters, not the rhetoric. $^#%#% any form of amnesty.

Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a turd by the clean end.

Ha, ha - well said.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
So you're saying Democrats, Libertarians, and other third parties are never in the news?

LC, did I say that? Where? When?

I hate the Democrats as much as I hate everyone else.

Mostly, I hate hypocrites. I think it's funny the GOP embraces harsh anti immigrant rhetoric on the one hand, and woos Hispanic voters with the other.

Why are you needling me?

SoonerDVM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Lets not forget the most under reported story of the 2010 election, the first Hispanic Governor of New Mexico Susana Martinez. (funny how the MSM has been almost silent about her)

You spend a lot of time watching MSNBC to be able to comment on their reporting?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
LC, did I say that? Where? When?

I hate the Democrats as much as I hate everyone else.

Mostly, I hate hypocrites. I think it's funny the GOP embraces harsh anti immigrant rhetoric on the one hand, and woos Hispanic voters with the other.

Why are you needling me?

Your behavior said it all. When asked why you only post about the (R)s, you just dodged the question.

There are hypocrites on each side. You only post about one, but say you hate both.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom