Got my stamp in the mail today

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
It is a form 1 for a silencer. Going to be for a .22 and made of stainless. Ill post some pics after I get it done itll be a while though. Thanks to everyone who helped me out w/ all my questions.

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well heres a photo of some of the barstock turning into a baffle. I had one baffle pretty close to being done but Ive decided to scrap it and change it up a little to make it easier to make them. I got the tube cut and smoothed up so I can fit the baffles to it, I wont thread the ends and make the caps until after all the baffles are done though. I found out that stainless is tough as nails and a pain to work w/ on such a tiny machine. I took more photos but the camera screwed up and they are lost, Ill get a shot of the tube and a finished baffle or two friday night I hope.

ai802.photobucket.com_albums_yy301_GunSlingersbucket_SANY0090.jpg

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Are you making K baffles? Or your own design? I've been dying to do this myself ever since I bought this:

[Broken External Image]

I've made alot of chips, but not many real projects...mostly worked on improving the lathe itself. I should probably sell this thing and buy a can!

Good luck with the project..it looks like you have a great start.

Gun$linger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am makeing K baffles. Your lathe is the same one Im useing. I dont plan on ever selling mine even if I can finally get a deal worked out on a bigger lathe. Ive tried for several but never sealed it. There is just too much you can do on one of these for smaller stuff they are great. If I were you Id hang on to it, it might be hard to find someone whod give you enough for a silencer and a stamp anyways, they arent that much new. Look at onlinemetals.com for metal and littlemachineshop.com for tools. You should definately pick up a quickchange toolpost for it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom