Got out a trap line today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Coons look to be jumbo's

One was a female. They just lay in the trap and don't do much. The other was a big boar. They tear up the trap, food pan, and the trip pan. Took a half hour to repair all the damage the boar did to the trap, and the catfood can was in pieces no bigger than a quarter.
My buddy works with a guy that traps and said that beaver meat is the best for bobcats.
We made three sets tonight with beaver meat, and will see how it turns out in the am.

Mark Munkres

Marksman
Reaction score
I was trying to clean the coons out of an area where I had a corn feeder for the deer once and caught the neighbor's dog, I don't know now he got his whole body in there, but he took up every square inch of the trap. He was sure glad to get out.

I never caught him again either.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did Ok this morning. Ended up with 2 more beaver, a possum, two more skunks, and another armadillo.
I keep forgetting to take pics of the skunks. The stench is overpowering. Won't be back out untill next weekend, so tripped all of the traps.
This mud bank is where the beaver have been living and knocking down so many trees.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

This is how I kill the skunks in the live trap. Had two of them at the same time in this one.
Duct taped a vacuum hose to the truck and gassed them.

[Broken External Image]

crg1372

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm sort of interested in getting started in trapping. Never done it before and not really sure where to start. However I know its not happening this year. Exacrly what do you do with the beavers? I'm on the Washita River alot and theres beavers literally every hundred feet or so. The things are everywhere.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm sort of interested in getting started in trapping. Never done it before and not really sure where to start. However I know its not happening this year. Exacrly what do you do with the beavers? I'm on the Washita River alot and theres beavers literally every hundred feet or so. The things are everywhere.

Right now the beaver are worth 8-16 bucks. Coons are worth the same. Bobcat are from $120-$200. The buyer in Ks does not want them skinned. They will do it.
Not much money, but it helps pay for the gas and with the cold weather, preserving them, we will make a trip to Ks next weekend depending on how many more are caught.
Just something to do after deer season. We planted a bunch of trees along this creek several years ago, and the beaver are laying them down all over the place.

Latest posts

Top Bottom