Got out a trap line today.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imhntn

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good going Dennis. Looks like you are having fun. I didn't know cats were bringing that much this year. I need to get busy. One of my buddies put out some boxes last week and caught 4 bobcats and it was his first time to ever try trapping. I usually take the box traps with skunks to the closest pond and put them underwater to kill them.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Good going Dennis. Looks like you are having fun. I didn't know cats were bringing that much this year. I need to get busy. One of my buddies put out some boxes last week and caught 4 bobcats and it was his first time to ever try trapping. I usually take the box traps with skunks to the closest pond and put them underwater to kill them.

What did your buddy use for bait in his traps? Thats quite a haul getting 4.
I like the Idea of drowning them, but its so dry around us that there is no water. The only water is the pool the beaver are living in, and its a mile from the skunks. I plugged the beaver openings with sticks to see if they are disturbed when going back next weekend. If so, we will set up again.

Pharmerholt

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
80+ lbs beaver. He was heavy.

ai1126.photobucket.com_albums_l616_Pharmerholt_beaver.jpg

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Right now the beaver are worth 8-16 bucks. Coons are worth the same. Bobcat are from $120-$200. The buyer in Ks does not want them skinned. They will do it.

**Clarification...?***

The buyer in KS wants you to leave the Bobcats whole, or all the animals he buys whole?

That could be good, those Beavers can be hard to skin sometimes, would be much easier to throw them in the freezer and let them do it.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
**Clarification...?***

The buyer in KS wants you to leave the Bobcats whole, or all the animals he buys whole?

That could be good, those Beavers can be hard to skin sometimes, would be much easier to throw them in the freezer and let them do it.

I'll look and see if I can find that link. My buddy pulled it up on his Iphone and showed me.
The buyer does not want any of them skinned. He offers the same price with the hide on as off. Thats the way I like it.
There was one exception, but the difference was only a couple of bucks. Can't remember which it was.

deerwhacker444

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll look and see if I can find that link. My buddy pulled it up on his Iphone and showed me.
The buyer does not want any of them skinned. He offers the same price with the hide on as off. Thats the way I like it.
There was one exception, but the difference was only a couple of bucks. Can't remember which it was.

This it Dennis..?

Kanokla Fur Co

If not, he says he buys them whole. I might have to get back into trapping,..Prepping the fur the old way was what I couldn't do well.

Latest posts

Top Bottom