Got pulled over tonight

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HMCS(FMF)Ret.

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Darn skippy!

Nukes, keeping the coners cleaning since Hymie G!

At least we didn't have to pound any ground, eh Larry? I dealt with enough Marines on my shore tour, and I eventually just started drooling when one got too close, saying durrrrrr alot!

Thanks for your service btw Senior!

Still love the Marines. If I had it to do all over again though...I would've tried subs.

JRSherman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Still love the Marines. If I had it to do all over again though...I would've tried subs.

Most of me says that if I had to do it all over again, I wouldn't sub-vol, after 119 straight days of 14 hour shifts starting up a new reactor, with 3 shifts a day(who knew you could get 42 hours out of one day. . . .) then the port and starboard watches because some deutsche-bag went pansy and had a "mental-breakdown", the 18-24 hours of maneuvering watches sat at the outboard with nowhere to pee and nothing to read legally, due to being in the engineroom. . .the crappy officers. . . getting disqualified SRO because I used a duct tape fan to stay awake in 100 deg maneuvering room. . .to quote the song "And on, and on, and on, and onnnnn!"

I'd still do it again. In all that hell that is contained on a fast-attack submarine, there is the supreme privilege of knowing the majority of the guys you serve with. I can still recall 90% of the guys I served with, the old ones that left, the new ones that became nubs. . .That kind of comradery is something you don't get on a carrier, or most of the other ships, or even boomers, in the fleet.

I'm sure Larry can attest to some of that as well. I only managed 4 months of sea time in 3 years on the boat, but those 4 months have experiences that I'll never get another chance at again in my entire life, and I wouldn't trade that for anything.

OOOOOOOOOOOOOOGA!

HMFIC

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Carnies: (Noun) - Carnival workers. Good, hardworking, trustworthy, honest, good-for-nothing, unreliable, foul-smelling vagrants who work at our nation's (USA) carnivals. Do not let these people into your homes.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What law was broken?

I don't know if you realize this but you don't have to break a law to get pulled over. It goes by various names, but welfare check is my fave. (Hey, don't flame me ... I just report the news, I don't make it.)

I for one am glad the cops cared enough about Larry and his van to check on him, but hey!! that's just me ... I like Larry and would hate for anything bad to happen to him. :cry11:

Latest posts

Top Bottom