Gp 100

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JonnyRocco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just purchased a Ruger SS GP 100 357. It is a great looking gun, but it has the ugliest handgrips I have ever seen. I guess they serve the purpose, but I bought an older rubber grip with the wooden side panels, which look and feel much better. But, I cracked one of the panels when I tightened up the grip screw. Does anyone know if the SP model Rugers panels will interchange with the GP? Did Lett grips make a full wooden grip for the earlier model GP? I can easily find all sorts of Ruger wooden grips for every other Ruger made except a GP. I guess these are more rare than the service model Rugers.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
go here: http://rugerforum.net/ and look around. I believe there is a member there named 41magnum or something like that that makes custom panels for the wood grips.

And no, the SP panels will not interchange with the full size GP grips. Do you have a picture, or can you find a picture online showing what you have?

JonnyRocco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No picture yet, but I will try one later. It is just a new Ruger ss with a 4" barrel. I suppose the original grips are hogue grips. I prefer the traditional look of the single action cowboy pistol grips, ivory or pearl imitation, but I like the double action and the swing-out cylinder. Ruger also uses plenty of steel!

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Here's a couple GP's I've had, which of these grips match yours?

ai157.photobucket.com_albums_t52_m5stingray18_Guns_Ruger_GP100_4in_SS_IMG_5488_Edit_Small.jpg

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Nope, it's a GP. The reason I asked which grips match yours, is the GP was available with two different grip sizes, the full size (on the stainless gun) and the compact (on the blued gun).

JonnyRocco

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks guys. Mine now looks like NikatKimbers SS model. I bought two sets though. One had a one piece rubber part that slid on from the bottom, but I broke one panel when I tightened the screw. It came with a metal spool to seat the grip onto the frame. So, I found another factory grip, but it had two rubber halves. I used the best panels from both sets. They sure have alot of variations out there. I am glad I found out about the compact models as well as the SP. I suppose I will save the houge grip and extender bracket if I want to get rid of it someday.

Latest posts

Top Bottom