Grammar, OK< which is correct?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
I left them alone.

I let them alone.

They left me alone.

They let me alone.

The context is in another thread, I did not disturb the bikers I met on the turnpike. So is this correct the way I configured my sentence?

. I and my truck and my 10mm left them alone because they left me alone.
I wasn't clear on the proper usage so I made a mistake and Googled it. Now, I'm even more confused. Google automatically changed the tense of the word thus changing the meaning.

Searched - left them alone meaning.

Refrain from disturbing or interfering with someone. For example, She'll manage very well if you just leave her alone, or Stop teasing the dog; let him alone.

Searched - Left them alone vs let them alone

1 “Leave alone” means to leave a person all by himself (in solitude). Please leave me alone, I don't want company. Alvin needs to study, so let's leave him alone in his room. “Let alone,” on the other hand, means to stop bothering the person.Apr 27, 2010

2 The verb leave means to go away from or put in a place. As a noun, leave means permission to do something—in particular, permission to be away from a job or military service. Let means permit or allow. In the imperative, let is used to introduce a request or proposal—as in "Let's vote."Mar 31, 2019

let someone or something alone​

and leave someone or something alone; leave someone or something be
to avoid touching, bothering, or communicating with someone or something
. Leave me alone. I don't want your help. Let it alone! Don't touch it! It may be hot!

confused.gif

Latest posts

Top Bottom