Greatest Handgun of All Time ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is the Greatest Handgun of All Time ?

• 5'' 1911 Government

Votes: 181 58.4%
  • Glock 17

Votes: 48 15.5%
  • Sig P226

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • Browning Hi-Power

Votes: 16 5.2%
  • Beretta 92F

Votes: 10 3.2%
  • S&W J-Frame

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • S&W 629

Votes: 6 1.9%
  • H&K USP

Votes: 7 2.3%
  • Ruger Blackhawk

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Colt Single Action Army

Votes: 30 9.7%

• Total voters

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
having either own or have owned the majority of that list. i still reach for a s&w k frame. albeit not the strongest, it will still get the job done in every catagory. weight(for carry),strength,accuracy and reliability. that being said the 629 or "n" frame smith is next.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
1911s are my favorite but I think that there's almost a greatest from all the big companies.

I think the G23 edges out the G17 due to size and versatility or I'd give up a G17 before a G19. I think that the CZ 75 should have been on the list aswell.

Jeff Freeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I only had ten to work with, but the CZ75 is a total "doh!" moment. I think it is the most widely used handgun in the world still isn't it ? Maybe i'm making that up... I could have sworn I heard that... The most relevant suggestions so far are the CZ, Ruger Rimfires, and the Colt/Ruger Double Actions, I knew the 1911 would be a run-away, and "Greatest Handgun of All Time" is pretty broad... Anyway thanks alot for the input.... I am a Glock guy, but man the 1911 is one of the most amazing mechanical designs of all time, along with the ma duce... It would be like the Model T still being the best designed automobile on the road. Crazy.

Thanks guys.

Latest posts

Top Bottom