Green house panels I have

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I got some panels from what I think was an 10x12 or maybe an 8x10 i am not positive.
https://www.harborfreight.com/10-ft-x-12-ft-greenhouse-with-4-vents-93358.html
I have most of the aluminum frame but it does not do well with strong winds.. a bit weak for Oklahoma wind.
Thinking I could use them for a winter garden or maybe roofing over a chicken coop.

I was also thinking someone here may need a few panels and I need a butt stock and gas tube assembly for an ar15.

I think they are about 6 feet tall and 2 feet wide..I have not measured them as they are still in my corolla.
:)
I do not know it they intensify the suns rays or not.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a HF 10x12 greenhouse. You can beef up the frame to hold up to the weather. The panels on mine only lasted 5 years and got brittle and holes developed. Heat will be your enemy with the ventilation. Lots of info out there on the HF greenhouses and what people did to get by.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You might also build a raised bed same size as panels and use it to cover said bed, Get ya some cold hardy goods in the ground here shortly. I know them there brain cells will cook up something good..:hey3:

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you can put it somewhere where it gets morning sun and afternoon shade that will help tremendously in the summer. It will give you a lot of experience learning how to grow in a greenhouse. Insects love greenhouses. Aphids especially. Shade cloth will be mandatory in the summer. 40-50% shade cloth is as far as I recommend. Anymore and the plants will be starving for sun. With the hf greenhouse you will need to be close by to open and close the doors as needed to regulate the temperature in the cooler months. It is quite a experience with one of those. Panels will need to be screwed down .

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Oh, and 6 hrs of sunlight is considered full sun. Typically the grow zones are for winter Hardy. But we also have a summer zone for heat that is less talked about. My area is zone 7 b for winter hardiness and zone 8 for summer heat.

Latest posts

Top Bottom