Gun Bans a Safe Haven for Killers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the first couple paragraphs of this Huffinton Post article. I'll let decide if you want to read it all.

Recently Panera Bread released a notice that they will be banning guns within all their restaurants. Although I understand the concern behind this decision, I believe this is not truly being thought through to its logical conclusion.

Panera is not the first to make such a policy. They follow an appeal from Moms Demand Action, an organization that supports preventing child access to guns, something I happen to agree with. However, I do not agree with this Panera policy, or the Kroger and Target policies, which have also been pushed by Moms Demand Action. It is my opinion that these policies have been hastily thrown together in an attempt to prevent firearms from existing at locations where children may be.

This policy is something Starbucks already contemplated, but they decided instead on a statement that guns are "unwelcome" rather than stating that they are banned altogether, which speaks volumes about an organization that appears to have actually put thought into their policy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jason-p-stadtlander/gun-bans-a-safe-haven-for_b_5792314.html

Blackbirdpilot

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here's the first couple paragraphs of this Huffinton Post article. I'll let decide if you want to read it all.

Recently Panera Bread released a notice that they will be banning guns within all their restaurants. Although I understand the concern behind this decision, I believe this is not truly being thought through to its logical conclusion.

Panera is not the first to make such a policy. They follow an appeal from Moms Demand Action, an organization that supports preventing child access to guns, something I happen to agree with. However, I do not agree with this Panera policy, or the Kroger and Target policies, which have also been pushed by Moms Demand Action. It is my opinion that these policies have been hastily thrown together in an attempt to prevent firearms from existing at locations where children may be.

This policy is something Starbucks already contemplated, but they decided instead on a statement that guns are "unwelcome" rather than stating that they are banned altogether, which speaks volumes about an organization that appears to have actually put thought into their policy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/jason-p-stadtlander/gun-bans-a-safe-haven-for_b_5792314.html

Did Panera actually change their policy to ban guns or did they just ask their customers not to bring them in? I hope they don't go full stupid because I really like Panera.

audiophile

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I read the article about Target a couple of weeks ago but the location in Midwest City does not have gun busters or any signage as of just a couple of days ago. As far as Panera, don't care, never go there and definitely won't now. I can't stand ignorance and this lady and her moms initiative is as ignorant as it comes.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Did Panera actually change their policy to ban guns or did they just ask their customers not to bring them in? I hope they don't go full stupid because I really like Panera.
You have it right. All Panera did was to issue a mealy-mouthed statement asking that guns not be brought in. They did not forbid it and, like starbucks, said that they will follow state and local law in regards to guns. Also, they did not post their stores, so AFAIAC concealed is concealed.

This allows Bloomer's group to claim victory but still allows us to carry. Thus, Panera's can have their cake and eat it too.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

OF, I know that you are quoting the article verbatim but there seems to be a factual error. It concerns Kroger. When MDA approached them, they said 'no' to them, and would not even issue a mealy-mouthed statement 'asking' that guns not be brought into their stores. Kroger stood up to them, which I admire. I understand that WalMart did as well.

Just giving due credit.

Latest posts

Top Bottom