Gun cleaning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok. First off I must confess at I absolutely detest cleaning guns. I understand the necessity of it and I do clean my guns when needed. I'm just curious if any of you have suggestions for making this less painful to me. I have considered getting one of those ultrasonic cleaners, but I'm not convinced it would make things easier. So what are your suggestions.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno; I LIKE cleaning my guns...it's kinda like therapy for me. Sorry, you could always pay someone to do it for you but its really not that big of a deal.

Pokinfun

The Most Interesting Man in the World
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would say, get the proper equipment and supplies. watch some videos on cleaning techniques, which makes it much easier. I spent 20 years in the Army and never learned how to properly clean a rifle.

OKNewshawk

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I dunno; I LIKE cleaning my guns...it's kinda like therapy for me. Sorry, you could always pay someone to do it for you but its really not that big of a deal.
If it's therapy for you, may be the OP can declare himself a "therapist" and have you pay him for the therapy of you cleaning his guns?

zghorner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
for me it depends on the gun but ive definitely cut back on how much I clean them. Most of the time I just run a bore snake down it a few times with some wd40 ltci then call it a day. If its a blued gun ill wipe down the outside afterwards then call it a day. Most of my guns get a basic field strip cleaning every 3rd or so outing and I will usually run some ed's red through the barrel before the ltci. I'm ok as long as my guns don't look quite this bad...

www.thefirearmblog.com_blog_wp_content_uploads_2010_06_ppppp_desktop_px_1_tfb.jpg

Latest posts

Top Bottom