gun sign poll

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Choose the option which best reflects your position.

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A saw a sign the other day that looked remarkably like A) and upon seeing it at a distance I did an internal WTF? Since I was there to buy some gun related items, I couldn't believe what I was seeing. Then I read it, and smiled and walked on in.

In regards to B, I would willing to argue that a carry permit makes this sign moot. I wonder if it would be worth making similar signs that just says "No Illegally Carried Firearms" and drop them off at your local anti-carry establishment in hopes that they put them up??? Might make a good compromise. The sheep will be happy because they see what looks like a "gun free zone" sign, and the rest of us will be happy that the retailer at least cares enough to let us protect ourselves.

When it comes to a posted business I prefer option 2 most of the time, but will choose 3 especially when it is out of my immediate control. Such as today when I needed to help a family member get a car out of impound. I did not choose the wrecker service with prominent no weapons signs on the door and I wasn't going to inconvenience myself to obey their signs. Same goes for the gas station that I was filling up at recently that didn't print me a receipt at the pump. When I got to the door and saw the gun-buster sign I wasn't about to turn around and disarm or drive away.

Electrician Mike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Depends on the interpretation of "otherwise authorized".

I was thinking the same thing.
I did see a sign last week at a business in Owasso that stated "Your gun and your money are welcome here". It was the first time I had been there, and I will be going back. It was at the Owasso Auto Spa, one of those fancy car washes where they wash your car for you.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Do the signs still have the force of law? I thought Oklahoma was now like Kansas and Missouri, as there, if you are asked to leave, and refuse, it is a trespass only.

Help me out here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom