Guns In Cars

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tiasman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Gun owner leaves a gun in his locked vehicle at his residence and you blame the owner when some thug breaks in and steals it.

Why do you consider them not at fault when the home is broken into?

I suppose he blames a woman in a short skirt or tight pants for getting raped too, same thought process.

The only one to be blamed/punished is the scumbag(s) that go through other people's property stealing things.

Also, be careful what you believe from the media and big law enforcement, they have an agenda and can move the bar on stats to get their point across...

boontendo

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Curtailing freedoms of the righteous, in order to "attempt" to control evil ....now where have I seen this before? If it saves just one child!!

Listen, I'm not arguing the sensibility of securing weapons. It isn't just tweakers that steal stuff. Sometimes it's kids who don't understand the permanent effects of their actions. I don't leave guns in my car.

But let's be perfectly clear....the main point of the story was to insinuate that the vast majority of murders committed are the fault of the tool, and the original tool owner. Not a GD speck of that story honestly discusses the actual problem. It's a disingenuous attempt to victim blame...rather than accept the repercussions of 50+ years of Liberal agenda.

Some people want to turn the whole of society into a giant day care center for fools. Freedom is dangerous. Deal with it in your own way.
Very well said, sir.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I heard that as well.
Kind of a tough nut to crack if you work at a "no-gun" facility.

Best shot is make your vehicle as thief proof as possible, and watch where you park.

I refuse to blame gun/car owners for what thieves do.
No such thing as a "thief proof" vehicle. Only way to steal a gun from my car/truck is to kill me first as I will be carrying mine ON ME! and never ever in the vehicle!

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would bet that most are not because they had to leave a gun due to a "no-gun" facility. I have a lock box in the vehicle for such an issue, super easy to use, very secure, and inexpensive.

Most of what I see is on local area forums like nextdoor indicating the gun was stolen out of their vehicle overnight while it was in the driveway. I will without hesitation blame these folks, it's just ignorant.

Next would be guns stolen from homes during a burglary, can't blame folks for those, but it is easy to make them harder to find.
There are a lot of reasonable priced Safes out there like Stack On that act as a deterrent to thieves. My Mother in Law back in the 90's that had one bolted to the wall and floor that they tried to bust open. The police said looked like they tried for a long time to pry, hammered to try and get it open. The safe held up looked like crap though. The safe was a $200. Stack on. Beat up as it was it held up and saved some precious coins and guns.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
No the rapist is still responsible, she is just an idiot for making it more likely to happen.

Does this mean elderly or especially overweight/unhealthy people are idiots? Because if I was gonna jack someone, that's the lowest hanging fruit.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I keep a subcompact Glock in a holster in the lower console of my truck. I wear a full size Glock concealed but also don't care if I print or if the barrel peaks out the bottom of a t-shirt if I lean forward. The truck gun is for a rare occasion I have arrived at a location I care about concealment.

To prevent it from being stolen, I lock my doors and avoid areas with a large representation of poor people.
As I have said before I never ever leave a gun in my vehicle. I wear mine on my hip and I have a CWP even though here in Idaho I don't need the CWP. However If I am out and about and happen to see a handgun I would like to buy all I need do is fill out the #4473 and take it home. Not so without the CWP.

Foxfire5

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Does this mean elderly or especially overweight/unhealthy people are idiots? Because if I was gonna jack someone, that's the lowest hanging fruit.
This lowest hanging fruit?? is 85 years young so try and pick this low?? hanging fruit and you are going to get a belly full of Lead! as for heavy people? My friend across the way sits at his bench press every day pumping Low hanging 350lbs. He is a ex-LEO that couldn't get his waist size down so lost his job. Somewhere around that 50 some inch waist lies a 1911 and two mags. Surprise! Surprise! Low Hanging Fruit My Butt!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom