Guns stolen from cars…

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[insert my usual admonition about leaving guns in vehicles]

I like Broken Arrow’s public reminder for a 9pm routine: Remove it, lock it, report suspicious activity.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/guns-are-stolen-cars-alarming-trend-nation-rcna26691
“The study analyzed FBI crime data from 2011 to 2020, spanning up to 271 small-to-large cities across 38 states… found that in 2020, an estimated 77,000 guns were reported stolen in these 271 cities alone. Of those, more than half were taken out of vehicles — a stark difference from a decade ago, when the majority of gun thefts were from burglaries and less than a quarter were from cars,”

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well,

Gun ownership is UP

Concealed carry, open carry and Constitutional carry is legal in almost every State.

Fed buildings, State Buildings, City buildings, schools, Post Office, and some businesses PROHIBIT you from exercising YOUR RIGHT to protection. Therefore, it stands to reason, many vehicles have unsecure firearms, easy pickings.

Leave to a libturd to create a problem and blame an inanimate object for their stupidity consequences.

Unintentional consequences #9

Matt Giroux

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well,

Gun ownership is UP

Concealed carry, open carry and Constitutional carry is legal in almost every State.

Fed buildings, State Buildings, City buildings, schools, Post Office, and some businesses PROHIBIT you from exercising YOUR RIGHT to protection. Therefore, it stands to reason, many vehicles have unsecure firearms, easy pickings.

Leave to a libturd to create a problem and blame an inanimate object for their stupidity consequences.

I think the problem here is that almost all vehicles nowadays have a lockable glove box, center console etc. But most people don't utilize them, they think oh I'll be in and out in just a second. I parked next to a truck at lowes the other day got out and happen to glance through the passenger window and clear as day I could see a revolver sitting in the passenger seat like they had set it there and forgot. Now if I were a miscreant who wanted some quick cash, I could have easily popped a window and been gone and to the pawn shop in less than 30 minutes and probably before the owner had even gotten back to their vehicle. I've had to leave mine in my vehicle before but it is always under lock and key. I know the built in locks don't do much to keep a determined individual out but it does good to at least keep the average a hole away

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
It’s important to note that many of those weapons were stolen from unlocked cars. Still lockable storage solutions are not necessarily expensive.

We probably have more freedom to carry weapons in public than any generation before us. It would be nice if people didn’t screw that up by being careless.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well,

Gun ownership is UP

That sounds like a non-sequitur.

jakeman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Locked locks keep honest people honest.

Saying that to say this; Leaving a weapon in plain sight in a locked vehicle isn’t the smartest thing in the world.

I had a convertible MG back in the day. I quit locking the doors after the roof got cut the first time. I also just quit carrying valuables in my vehicle.

Last edited:

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That sounds like a non-sequitur.
How?

Gun ownership is Up. Largely first time buyers. Mostly likely lacking training or awareness.

Many carry

Lots of places prohibit carry (libturd decision)

Miscreants look for unlocked vehicles and unsecured contents.

Locked and out of sight is part of diligence.

Right to carry infringement is not right to carry.

Aries

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Locked locks keep honest people honest.

Saying that to say this; Leaving a weapon in plain sight in a locked vehicle isn’t the smartest thing in the world.

I had a convertible MG back in the day. I quit locking the doors after the roof got cut the first time. I also just quit carrying valuables in my vehicle.
I keep trying to remind my wife not to even leave a couple of dollars in cash laying out in plain sight on the console. If I can get a couple of easy bucks, why do I care if it costs $500 to replace the window I smashed to get it?

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
How?

Gun ownership is Up. Largely first time buyers. Mostly likely lacking training or awareness.

Many carry

Lots of places prohibit carry (libturd decision)

Miscreants look for unlocked vehicles and unsecured contents.

Locked and out of sight is part of diligence.

Right to carry infringement is not right to carry.

Your conclusion that “Leave to a libturd to create a problem and blame an inanimate object for their stupidity consequences.” doesn’t track with your statements about the increased numbers of people owning or carrying firearms.

Lots of people have “car guns” or habitually store firearms inside vehicles regardless of whether or not they are prohibited from carrying a firearm in certain public spaces.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom