Guthrie shenanigans??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say that depends a lot on how much trouble he's been in the past ... Jack Jencks got the boot recently ... I'm real interested in how that plays out. You gotta really be on somebody's last nerve to have been fired, especially when they could have "let" you resign and take your pension and go home ...

Honestly, I'd like to see departments play hard ball more often, especially when there is GROSS misconduct involved. You wanna be a cop, be a cop. You wanna be a thug, be a thug. But you shouldn't get to be a thug cop and retire out in 20 with a pension ... At least that's my feeling about it anyway ...

Whatever happened with Trooper Daniel Martin? Haven't heard about him in a while.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Whatever happened with Trooper Daniel Martin? Haven't heard about him in a while.

You know, I don't know. I do know that the trooper who shot the kid (and whose mom swore up and down her baby wasn't up to nothing bad and the mean old trooper was just not following protocol and wanted to kill her baby) was absolved of any wrongdoing ... Apparently the video of the incident showed her "poor defenseless baby" trying to take the game warden's gun during a scuffle ... I'm waiting for charges to be brought against this little brat and his buddy ... :grumble: Mom still swears up and down that the trooper didn't need to shoot her baby and she knows for a fact the trooper was not following protocol ... :rolleyes2:

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Channel 4 said he was fired today.
Hey,
Your with the fire service right.
You been around long enough to know he isn't fired till an arbitration board says so.
Police fire and arbitration has very specific protections.
Fop contract pffa act all line up to make the firing of a cop or fireman very difficult.
It was originally designed to prevent political firings , especially for police, when the arrested the wrong person .
Now it's used to much to protect those who justly deserve firing.
I know this very well after 25 years inside a metro pd.

Last edited:

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey,
Your with the fire service right.
You been around long enough to know he isn't fired till an arbitration board says so.
Police fire and arbitration has very specific protections.
Fop contract pffa act all line up to make the firing of a cop or fireman very difficult.
It was originally designed to prevent political firings , especially for police, when the arrested the wrong person .
Now it's used to much torotect those who justly deserve firing.
I know this very well after 25 years inside a metro pd.

Retired actually. You put more faith in the Union/FOP than I do. Depends on the situation, I've seen many firefighters and police officers fired over the years. I think this is going to be one of those situations where an appeal through the FOP is not going to do any good. If he gets any help at all, it'll be just enough to keep them from getting sued. With the situation and the publicity his best chance would be to get a lawyer and try to get his job back. With the abuse of authority and possible stalking issues, if the complaining party made the complaint they might be able to get his CLEET card pulled.

53convert

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No,
I put no faith in the fop or the arbitration law.
They protect too many of their buds even when wrong.
Glad ya made it to retirement.
Fires scare the hell out of me. I was always content to block traffic........

EFsDad

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I say that depends a lot on how much trouble he's been in the past ... Jack Jencks got the boot recently ... I'm real interested in how that plays out. You gotta really be on somebody's last nerve to have been fired, especially when they could have "let" you resign and take your pension and go home ...

Honestly, I'd like to see departments play hard ball more often, especially when there is GROSS misconduct involved. You wanna be a cop, be a cop. You wanna be a thug, be a thug. But you shouldn't get to be a thug cop and retire out in 20 with a pension ... At least that's my feeling about it anyway ...

An Oklahoma City police officer had sex with a known prostitute while on the job, according to internal police investigations.
Another lost evidence in a drug case but booked a suspect into jail anyway and lied in a police report, police records show.

A third was dishonest and "tried to use police department resources to slander and discredit another person for personal reasons,” according to police documents.

The officers were fired but got their jobs back when outside arbitrators overruled police brass. And they're definitely in the majority.

In eight of 11 cases — about 73 percent — in the past decade, fired officers who've taken their cases before arbitrators have been reinstated, according to Oklahoma City police documents obtained by The Oklahoman.

http://newsok.com/do-police-get-a-pass/article/3059006

Latest posts

Top Bottom